Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
Hi all,

I've been lurking here reading through threads and finding information. I ride a 2008 Harley Davidson Nightster, pretty much all stock. I'm not 'that Harley guy' that doesn't wave to all riders, I do! I don't care what you ride as we all have the love and passion for open roads and 2 wheels. I've been riding for over 2 years now and I'd like to start a channel. I want to do it for fun, although I can't because of where I live right now but that will change in about 6 months.

I was patient and scoured craigslist for people who thought they were going to use their GoPro a lot and found a hero 4 black with LCD backpack and few extras for about $220 shipped. If you're new id suggest doing the same, cheaper than buying it brand new...I don't have a channel name or anything picked out yet, been going over different names but I want to include 'stank'. Trying to come up with something original is tough since there's already so many motovloggers out there but I'm sure it will come to me. Feel free to suggest something :)

Question, what's a good/safe helmet that can easily mount a GoPro and the sena20S on? I would like to get the sena backpack to put on the GoPro and use the sena20S to record sound. Unless you all say its not worth it...Also, what are some good back up batteries for the GoPro? (Links would be great) I only have one and would like to get 2 more probably.

I have an iMac with final cut pro, I've already started shooting footage and learning to edit it. I have no previous experience with this stuff at all so its a slow process. Same with garage band, trying to create my own music for intro/outro and express my creative side lol.

I think thats about it for now, I'll be starting my adventure in Hawaii when I move there so I should have some super scenic views! If you know of any motovloggers there please post their names/channels! It'd be awesome to link up with others in the future!

Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hiya,how about "A10-StankBuster" :D
A good and safe helmet is one that fits your head, so you will have to try a few out and see what is best for yourself. I have several £500+ lids that I can't wear as they don't fit me properly and are uncomfortable enough to induce headaches. Mounting all depends on where you want it mounted, any will take a side mount but if you want a chin mount then you can do what a lot have done and improvise with the mounting solution. I ordered a 3D printed gopro connector to make the center alignment easier and played with sticky mounts to get it stuck.
I wish I was musical, would love to sort my own intro/outro music.... I unfortunately even struggle playing a triangle! :D

Reactions: HRMV

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
So true Lupin, thanks!

DorkyRoad

Riding Nerdy
Feb 13, 2017
Oregon
I ride a
Honda CB500F
Honda CRF250L
Welcome to the site!

I love my HJC CL17s (I have two of them). They're a lot of helmet for the money and a GoPro mounts to the chin very easily. Still, like the others said, make sure you get a helmet that fits you well first and foremost.

Also, don't worry about becoming an editing expert before you get started. Part of the fun is learning as you make videos and then going back to see how far you've come. At least for me, if I spent all my time learning to get it perfect I don't think I'd ever get to putting anything up. You'll make good videos and bad videos but the point is to just keep putting out content.

Your name should obviously be "Stank You Very Much" or "Stank You for Watching." Or, depending on where in SoCal you are, perhaps "Burbank Stank."

Reactions: HippoDrone

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
Thanks Dorky, good suggestions for names. May have to use those or at least those 'catch phrases' lol.

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
After a long hiatus I'm back in the forums. I have been able to answer most of my own questions I originally had with your help here and research of my own.

Still using the hero 4 Black and picked up a Hero 5 session recently. My YouTube channel is Stanksbeamen. I had actually had the channel for the longest time before even thinking of motovlogging. Hopefully having an old channel won't hurt in the long run but whatever...I have a few vids now and sometimes I don't post anything for months but I'm going to try and get better about that with some what regular uploads. Again, thanks for everyones help!

Reactions: HippoDrone

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
Happy Riding! Good to see that you have patience! I tend to rush getting things too much. Do not cheap out on your gear! Hope to see you around.

Reactions: Stank

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Just reiterate what others have said, get a helmet that fits and is comfortable then look for safety ratings then look at style.

Editing skills and Vlogging skills take time to perfect but with the patience you seem to have you will nail it im sure.

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
Just reiterate what others have said, get a helmet that fits and is comfortable then look for safety ratings then look at style.

Editing skills and Vlogging skills take time to perfect but with the patience you seem to have you will nail it im sure.

Yes, found the right helmet. A Shoei RF 1200 that came at a pretty good cost but like you said good ratings and comfortable fit. Each video I try to make a little better, next one I publish will be the very first one with a custom thumbnail (hopefully). I was under the impression you had to be monetized to do it but that's definitely not the case lol...

Happy Riding! Good to see that you have patience! I tend to rush getting things too much. Do not cheap out on your gear! Hope to see you around.

Luckily I am patient haha. Most times I like to sit back and look at the bigger picture but its been nice being back around a forum. :)

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Yes, found the right helmet. A Shoei RF 1200 that came at a pretty good cost but like you said good ratings and comfortable fit. Each video I try to make a little better, next one I publish will be the very first one with a custom thumbnail (hopefully). I was under the impression you had to be monetized to do it but that's definitely not the case lol...

Luckily I am patient haha. Most times I like to sit back and look at the bigger picture but its been nice being back around a forum. :)
Aye it took me a while to realise you could do a custom thumbnail instead of whatever rubbish screenshot youtube selected.

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
Aye it took me a while to realise you could do a custom thumbnail instead of whatever rubbish screenshot youtube selected.

Same, I had been restricted to picking the best 1 out of 3, like this sucks...haha. Next week I'll have another video out though

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Same, I had been restricted to picking the best 1 out of 3, like this sucks...haha. Next week I'll have another video out though
Good Times, will check it out

• Love

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts