What’s your dream bike?

DangerCDV

Wannabie Member
Jul 13, 2018
Georgia
I ride a
2015 Suzuki GSXR-600
For myself, I currently ride a GSXR-600. My dream daily bike would just be a GSXR-750.
My real dream bikes just for fun would be a Ducati Panigale V4, Kawasaki Ninja H2, or a BMW S1000RR.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
For myself, I currently ride a GSXR-600. My dream daily bike would just be a GSXR-750.
My real dream bikes just for fun would be a Ducati Panigale V4, Kawasaki Ninja H2, or a BMW S1000RR.
Sooooo, bikes that go really really really fast

Reactions: DangerCDV

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Just for fun, what’s everyone’s dream bike? Have you ever gotten to own or ride one? Did it live up to your expectations?

Wow there’s a question. So many toys! I have ridden a unicorn ....... only a very short distance but even around a car park I have to count it as not many will have done so ....... Britten V1000 ...... I have many many stories ☺️

Reactions: HippoDrone

Raven

Adventurer
Jan 4, 2016
Louisville, KY, USA
raven.deckyon.com
I ride a
2014 Honda NC700XD
How does one narrow it down to just one?

Dream bike for RTW - Honda Africa Twin DCT.
Just to have - KTM SuperDuke 1290R, because sleeper. I have gotten to ride this demon a few times now and find it an absolute blast. great riding position, quick as hell, short and light. And that engine.
DualSport - Honda CRF250L Rally. This is probably the perfect bike for tackling the TAT or the like.

This list could go on and one because I don't see a single bike covering everything.

I think a better question would be; What's your dream garage (Pick 7)?

Reactions: Riderguide

CDA441

Red Viffer VTEC!
Apr 15, 2016
Belgium
cda441.wordpress.com
I ride a
'04 Honda VFR800 VTEC
Did somebody say dream bike?
Mine is an Aprilia RSV4, and I like the styling with the big license plate holder. I have a weakness for bikes that sound different than a boring inline 4 cylinder that screams it's way to 20k rpm.
If I got a Panigale V4 for free I would sell it and still get the RSV4.

Reactions: HippoDrone

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
I don't know that I have a dream bike, but my favorite bike right now is my own bike. It's the first and only bike I've had so far and there is still so much to learn about it in order to truly become one with it, that at the end of the day it's the bike I most want to be riding. It's like going shooting, it's fun to shoot new guns, but the best gun to shoot is your own because that is where the sport is at, that's when you work to master your shooting.
I'm hopefully going this weekend to look at buying a 2000 Yamaha R1 with 19,000 miles for $2500. That would be a dream. I've never been on a bike that can go stupid fast before.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I don't know that I have a dream bike, but my favorite bike right now is my own bike. It's the first and only bike I've had so far and there is still so much to learn about it in order to truly become one with it, that at the end of the day it's the bike I most want to be riding. It's like going shooting, it's fun to shoot new guns, but the best gun to shoot is your own because that is where the sport is at, that's when you work to master your shooting.
I'm hopefully going this weekend to look at buying a 2000 Yamaha R1 with 19,000 miles for $2500. That would be a dream. I've never been on a bike that can go stupid fast before.
NICE! Take care when buying if you do get it, and just shortshift through the gears for a few rides before giving it any decent amount of throttle. Even a 2000 model is an absolute weapon, and quite a step up for a second ever bike, especially without any of these modern day riding aids. If you do get it, take it to a dealer for a thorough service, get the steering bearings, brakes, tyres, suspension checked out and all set up perfectly. It'll be worth spending that extra for piece of mind and safety. A mate of mine did similar and hadn't realised how bad his suspension was until he got it fixed, new shocker and forks serviced up - transformed it. Good luck.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
NICE! Take care when buying if you do get it, and just shortshift through the gears for a few rides before giving it any decent amount of throttle. Even a 2000 model is an absolute weapon, and quite a step up for a second ever bike, especially without any of these modern day riding aids. If you do get it, take it to a dealer for a thorough service, get the steering bearings, brakes, tyres, suspension checked out and all set up perfectly. It'll be worth spending that extra for piece of mind and safety. A mate of mine did similar and hadn't realised how bad his suspension was until he got it fixed, new shocker and forks serviced up - transformed it. Good luck.
The reason I mentioned most of them service items is that over 19 years despite only 19000 miles they'll definitely have required some attention and if they haven't had any it'll be a pig.

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
Is it best to take it to the dealer rather than to just a repair shop? There's one dealer here and one repair shop. Far as I know they both do good work.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Is it best to take it to the dealer rather than to just a repair shop? There's one dealer here and one repair shop. Far as I know they both do good work.
Personal preference and local knowledge can only answer that to be fair. Repair shops are likely going to be a touch cheaper I would say. Ask around local bikers and maybe jump on the odd Facebook page for reviews or advice on who might be best. If you get the bike, it might be already in great shape - but I would budget for some extra expense on a bike that age with the performance of an R1. Even if you put another grand in to it to make it mechanically perfect you wouldn't lose money down the road, it'll always be worth $2500 - $3500 grand if it is in fact a legit bike. It's lost all it will lose financially. A local service mechanic/repair shop should certainly have the know how on a 19 yr old bike as it's likely what they were brought up with!

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Be careful because that bike is actually stupid fast

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
So ..... I already posted a response to this question in that I once rode a unicorn but not my answer as to my one dream bike. My opinion of the best all rounder so far in the history of biking has to be the VFR750 of around 1994, the single sided swinging arm version from the nineties , just oh so bloody awesome. This question has had me thinking, realistically yes, seven bikes would be nice but if it had to be one, it hasn't been produced yet. I want a modern day all rounder, a sports tourer that I can scratch with, commute, tour, thrash, cruise, everything. It has to be fully specced with all modern tech and for me shaft driven (yes I know but I'm 51 now) and removable luggage ....... Basically a BMW K1300S, but not as big, not as powerful but still with enough grunt. I think Triumph have the ability to fill a gap left by their Sprint ST1050, with their lovely triple engine and then take it to the umpteenth level in every department. I'd buy that bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CDA441

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts