What’s your dream bike?

RideSkills

Wannabie Member
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
I ride a
BMW F800GS
So ..... I already posted a response to this question in that I once rode a unicorn but not my answer as to my one dream bike. My opinion of the best all rounder so far in the history of biking has to be the VFR750 of around 1994, the single sided swinging arm version from the nineties , just oh so bloody awesome. This question has had me thinking, realistically yes, seven bikes would be nice but if it had to be one, it hasn't been produced yet. I want a modern day all rounder, a sports tourer that I can scratch with, commute, tour, thrash, cruise, everything. It has to be fully specced with all modern tech and for me shaft driven (yes I know but I'm 51 now) and removable luggage ....... Basically a BMW K1300S, but not as big, not as powerful but still with enough grunt. I think Triumph have the ability to fill a gap left by their Sprint ST1050, with their lovely triple engine and then take it to the umpteenth level in every department. I'd buy that bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CDA441

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
So ..... I already posted a response to this question in that I once rode a unicorn but not my answer as to my one dream bike. My opinion of the best all rounder so far in the history of biking has to be the VFR750 of around 1994, the single sided swinging arm version from the nineties , just oh so bloody awesome. This question has had me thinking, realistically yes, seven bikes would be nice but if it had to be one, it hasn't been produced yet. I want a modern day all rounder, a sports tourer that I can scratch with, commute, tour, thrash, cruise, everything. It has to be fully specced with all modern tech and for me shaft driven (yes I know but I'm 51 now) and removable luggage ....... Basically a BMW K1300S, but not as big, not as powerful but still with enough grunt. I think Triumph have the ability to fill a gap left by their Sprint ST1050, with their lovely triple engine and then take it to the umpteenth level in every department. I'd buy that bike.

View attachment 4055
I would buy that as well

• Love
Reactions: RideSkills

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
I think there was an article in one of the bike mags about the VFR being THE all rounder and they looked to see what could do it all at the time of the article. I think they suggested that the Suzuki GSX-R 750 was the new do it all bike, you'd be able to fit luggage to it without too much drama I'd have thought too! :)

CDA441

Red Viffer VTEC!
Apr 15, 2016
Belgium
cda441.wordpress.com
I ride a
'04 Honda VFR800 VTEC
@HippoDrone Hell yeah the VFR is a real all-rounder! Good in the corners, good on the highway, but it doesn't really do both perfectly. You see the VFR is a really heavy bike at 200+kg/ while a GSXR750 weighs less than that. However nothing can tip that V4 engine :) The new-ish 2017 VFR800F ticks all the boxes that RideSkills want, it's a modern sports tourer, with the V4 and ProArm that the old version has.

RideSkills

Wannabie Member
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
I ride a
BMW F800GS
@HippoDrone Hell yeah the VFR is a real all-rounder! Good in the corners, good on the highway, but it doesn't really do both perfectly. You see the VFR is a really heavy bike at 200+kg/ while a GSXR750 weighs less than that. However nothing can tip that V4 engine :) The new-ish 2017 VFR800F ticks all the boxes that RideSkills want, it's a modern sports tourer, with the V4 and ProArm that the old version has.
But I'm an old git and want shaft drive :-D ......... by the way, today I was just hit up the arse, first collision in 35 years of riding! GUTTED. I had an unblemished record, even though it wasn't my fault I pride myself on seeing these things before they happen. Not sure it could have been avoided. Will post a clip on a separate thread for opinions on how we can avoid these type of hits. VERY lucky no one was coming as I was shunted right across a main road by a Nissan Patrol 4X4. There's an F Bomb so you might need to review it @HippoDrone

• Wow
Reactions: CDA441

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Haha, I love the shaft drive on my Moto Guzzi, but only because I am lazy, not because I am old! ;-)
(glad you were not knocked off, I'd get the whole bike checked over professionally as you want to claim for any damage to the rear end, could even have damaged the engine if the swingarm mounts onto it!)

RideSkills

Wannabie Member
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
I ride a
BMW F800GS
Thanks mate. Will do actually yeh. Taking it tomorrow to BMW ...... hadn’t thought of that pivot damage possibility. Should be okay but will definitely get it assessed

Reactions: HippoDrone

Latest posts

Winners Video

Want your video here?
Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Winners Video

Want your video here?

Top Posters Past 30 days

Latest posts

Winners Video

Want your video here?