Show Your Motovlogging Setup!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
So I have had some audio issues recently so needed a new setup for my road and dirt helmets, The Rode Wireless Go setup worked really well on my latest motovlog, but has a lot of parts. My road helmet setup is possibly the cleanest helmet camera setup I have done, using a side vent to feed the mic into the helmet so no chance of the mic being pulled out etc by accident! :)

EazyH9mXYAELXBO.jpg

Eazx1L0WkAIRZt2.jpg

KrustyBoot

Become one with the Krustyness
Jun 8, 2020
East Anglia, UK.
I ride a
All the shit bikes! :)
So I have had some audio issues recently so needed a new setup for my road and dirt helmets, The Rode Wireless Go setup worked really well on my latest motovlog, but has a lot of parts. My road helmet setup is possibly the cleanest helmet camera setup I have done, using a side vent to feed the mic into the helmet so no chance of the mic being pulled out etc by accident! :)
What Go pro mounting hardware is that? Looks way more slick than my J clip!

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I see I haven't posted in this thread before, so I'll show a pic of my motovlog GoPro setup:

thumb3-gimp.jpg

Just my Hero 8 mounted to my helmet via a curved arm. No external mic, instead I have the Hero 8 mounted by my chin and put a foam deadcat over the internal mics. Works well honestly!

Reactions: HippoDrone

CubanRider

Wannabie Member
Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
BMW S1000XR
Here's the set-up that I have been running for over 3 years now. Hero5 Session, microphone adapter, Giant Squid Omnidirectional Mono microphone, Type-C to USB-A cable running to a 10Ah power bank on the jacket's chest pocket. Coupled with a 128GB card, I can record for over 8 hours at 1080p 60fps.

The set-up works amazing, with the caveat that I have to turn on the camera using the back button before I can hit record, otherwise it doesn't pick-up the microphone on the adapter.

18451489_1480198042022505_3441470723803557798_o.jpg

• Love

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
I used to run the 5 Session as my primary too, in a similar setup, but it all stopped working with the battery bank for some reason (on 2 cameras at the same time weirdly).
I have made a video on how to fix the issue of no audio when you hit the one touch record if of interest to you, it is on the front page of my YouTube channel I think.
I really wish they would make a new Session, it was the perfect motovlogging camera when it worked with a powerbank! :)

Reactions: CubanRider

CubanRider

Wannabie Member
Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
BMW S1000XR
I used to run the 5 Session as my primary too, in a similar setup, but it all stopped working with the battery bank for some reason (on 2 cameras at the same time weirdly).
I have made a video on how to fix the issue of no audio when you hit the one touch record if of interest to you, it is on the front page of my YouTube channel I think.
I really wish they would make a new Session, it was the perfect motovlogging camera when it worked with a powerbank! :)
I'm right there with you, the Session is ideal for what we do, would love to see a newer one with hypersmooth.

It was really frustrating at first finding out that my Sony ECM-CS3 mic that I had with the Hero4 did not work anymore, plus the times that I hit record with no audio. It took me a while to figure it but it was worth it.

I've been lucky that the Hero5 Session has been very reliable for the past 3 years. I have it recording everywhere I ride, sometimes for 8+ hour days, but I know there may come the day that one of the pieces fail, that's why I'm trying to research newer set-ups.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts