New Gopro + Helmet Setup

HDMOTO

Photographer/MotoVlogger
Apr 11, 2016
Melbourne, Australia.
I ride a
2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
I've just setup GoPro on my helmet with a chin mount and a microphone tucked inside.

I made a hole on the side of the case for the mic adapter.

I found a small M5 bolt for the mount instead of using the large twisty things.

I glued the stick on mount to the chin of the helmet as I don't trust the 3M sticky tape long term and it wasn't quite the right radius to fit.

I like the clean install, all I'd like to improve is getting a right angle adapter because the GoPro one sticks out so far. BUT JEEZ... It's hard to find one that works, I'm going to get do a mod to one I have by soldering in a resister to help it block off the internal microphone on the GoPro as right now it doesn't. That's what you get for $1.05 from eBay with free shipping from China. Until then, I'll just use the BIG GoPro adapter.

Pics also:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

HDMOTO

Photographer/MotoVlogger
Apr 11, 2016
Melbourne, Australia.
I ride a
2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
Does anyone know where to get a working right angle mic adapter for 3+black. One that shuts off the internal mic and records in stereo with a stereo microphone??? I can still make my own, but I'm also lazy.

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Honda CBR 500 RA & Honda MSX 125 (GROM)
Nice, I might steal your idea of using glue, what glue did you use? I'm going to post my setup late tonight it's a bit sketch :p

HDMOTO

Photographer/MotoVlogger
Apr 11, 2016
Melbourne, Australia.
I ride a
2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
Nice, I might steal your idea of using glue, what glue did you use? I'm going to post my setup late tonight it's a bit sketch :p
I used some 2 part epoxy from the local hardware store. Just a small tube of it. The stuff that mixes as you squeeze it out. It'll never come off and I don't care about that being on the helmet forever.

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Honda CBR 500 RA & Honda MSX 125 (GROM)
Thanks mate, I'll have a look into it, I have some cheapo glue sticks and a hot glue gun at the moment, but haven't got much confidence in the glue I have.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Camera Setups 31
G Camera Setups 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts