Sena S20 Boom Mic - Compatibility

motonewbie

Wannabie Member
May 1, 2016
I ride a
Yamaha Virago
If tl;dr just scroll down to bolded text ;)

Hello everyone!

I am riding with Biltwell-style open face helmet with bubble shield on.

After a few tries of setting up the mic I ended up attaching it to the bottom edge of the visor, almost in front of my mouth. Even though I use fairly furry deadcat type of cover, my voice gets inaudible at +30kmph.

Guess my cheap-ass mic is to blame here, so I found Sena S20 replacement mics sold at reasonable price. Does anyone of you Guys know if they work like any other mic when plugged into camera or voice recorder? The plug looks like standard (or 2.5") mic jack.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 330

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
Will they do the job?
Yes. They will work much better than the cheap mics you find online. Mainly they don't require the same level of wind protection because they are designed to divert wind at speed unlike a standard lav.

I use the standard wired mic and have it velcro'd right by the front vent in my helmet. I get clean audio, no wind noise and it required no additional foam or anything.

Now when it's not behind a helmet you'll get noise if you turn or something and change the angle of the mic.

motonewbie

Wannabie Member
May 1, 2016
I ride a
Yamaha Virago
Yes. They will work much better than the cheap mics you find online. Mainly they don't require the same level of wind protection because they are designed to divert wind at speed unlike a standard lav.

Thanks for your help! Gonna give them a try

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts