New Guy Here... So Be Gentle. Offering A Bit Of Help If Needed.

GO2W

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2016
Santiago, Chile.
I ride a
Honda NC750X 2016
BMW F800S 2009
Hi to all.

Just signed up and am considering if it is worth my while getting into the whole moto vlog scene. I am constantly getting cut up, almost killed, etc.. and thought it may be interesting to others.
That said... I also drive around 180KMH on average, lane split constantly, and have been known to adjust a few car mirrors in my time.

Anyway, I thought maybe a good way of learning would be possible to offer my help in editing. Helping you means helping me.

As time goes on I am sure I am going to be asking a bunch of things like which cam to get (Not GoPro please), where to put said camera (front versus side helmet), 1080 2k 4k, live sound or post production voice, etc. etc...

Anyway Nice to meet you all.

SmokyOwl

Hey dude, your hair is on fire.
Jul 3, 2016
Southern Wisconsin
I ride a
KZ1100 A2 Shaft
Welcome to the site!

Pretty much GoPro or Drift are your good camera options that most ppl use. Arguablly the best mount is on the chin, next to the side mounting like you said. Mounting angle is important.

Moto Verse

Wannabie Member
Aug 14, 2016
Omaha, NE
I ride a
2016 Kawasaki Ninja 300 EX
I have to agree... GoPro. They can take a beating if need be. And yes, everything you said in the beginning, is worth starting a channel for. people will eat that content up. I keep waiting to get pulled over so I can use the title "PULLED OVER" for some exposure.... Not really haha. But it's what people wanna see these days. Wish ya luck. Let us know if you start, I'd watch :D

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
As much as I would like to use something else (which I have done), some aspects of GoPro really do hold it's own and that is why it's the market dominator.

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
I have to agree... GoPro. They can take a beating if need be.

That's because they are entombed within a thick transparent plastic Case... :D adding 40% to the overall size.
Far from the best form factor as a motovlogging camera. But GoPro are fortunate, not alot of serious competition (alternative offerings) comes close. :)

Drift HD would be a viable alternative (better shaped for the side of a motorcycle helmet). I prefer the more accurate 'real world' lighting, in videos, made on the Drift.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Reize Editing Talk 8

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts