Guys, ya'll should try integrating CapCut into your workflow

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Recently bit the bullet and tried CapCut for Windows. Have been using Premiere Pro for years now and admit I had been a bit too much of a snob to not realize what a gem it is with their one click effects, even with a free version.

Now it isn't a magic bullet, there is a lot of things it CANNOT do. I still use Premiere Pro for the entire base video, including stabilization, color grading, sound mixing, transitions, motion tracking, keyframing, masking, etc.

But I realized depending on the type of content you do, where VFX can enhance it, CapCut comes clutch. I no longer have to waste 5 hours creating new VFX if something in my library I've done before doesn't work, or searching Google high and low for a free copy of one someone else has done.

I just export my final video from Premiere Pro as HEVC/h265 at 4k 80 mbps, drop it into CapCut, add the desired VFX, then re-export it again.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
No idea what the words you said mean, but it sounds like it is working for you! :D

• Haha
Reactions: R-Rated

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Would you be able to add your VFX by dynamic linking directly to After Effects, do the added effects, then hit save in After Effects, and the work will show up in your timeline in Premiere without having to export/render anything?

- Wolf

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
Would you be able to add your VFX by dynamic linking directly to After Effects, do the added effects, then hit save in After Effects, and the work will show up in your timeline in Premiere without having to export/render anything?

- Wolf
If you have a legit sub for the Adobe CC suite, yea. You can technically do that. I'm not particularly proficient enough to give you a tutorial on that though because I'm no VFX artist.

I use CapCut for that exact reason. But it requires rendering as lossless as possible, applying the premade VFX and exporting the final product again.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
If you have a legit sub for the Adobe CC suite, yea. You can technically do that. I'm not particularly proficient enough to give you a tutorial on that though because I'm no VFX artist.

I use CapCut for that exact reason. But it requires rendering as lossless as possible, applying the premade VFX and exporting the final product again.

It sounds like you have Adobe Premiere Pro, and through that subscription probably After Effects too. It’s very similar to Premiere in that it uses the Stopwatch icon to set key frames for effects, transform actions and more. Dynamic Linking is just a matter of selecting the clip you want to add effects to, or other motion graphic functions, in the Premiere Pro timeline, then select an item from the Timeline panel’s submenu to create a dynamic link. It takes the selected clip and opens it in After Effects where effects can be added along with color correction, graphic titles and more.

When you save what you’ve done in After Effects it shows back in the selected clip in the Timeline in Premiere. This saves you the trouble of having to render out and then re-import the clip again back in Premiere.

CapCut sounds pretty cool. If you can edit and build effects without having to render out and re-import a clip then it gives you what you need. Even if not nothing’s better than a high level free video editor.
- Wolf

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
It sounds like you have Adobe Premiere Pro, and through that subscription probably After Effects too. It’s very similar to Premiere in that it uses the Stopwatch icon to set key frames for effects, transform actions and more. Dynamic Linking is just a matter of selecting the clip you want to add effects to, or other motion graphic functions, in the Premiere Pro timeline, then select an item from the Timeline panel’s submenu to create a dynamic link. It takes the selected clip and opens it in After Effects where effects can be added along with color correction, graphic titles and more.

When you save what you’ve done in After Effects it shows back in the selected clip in the Timeline in Premiere. This saves you the trouble of having to render out and then re-import the clip again back in Premiere.

CapCut sounds pretty cool. If you can edit and build effects without having to render out and re-import a clip then it gives you what you need. Even if not nothing’s better than a high level free video editor.
- Wolf
I have both yes. Though I'm not proficient enough in After Effects to build new libraries of effects on my own, and most premade effects on Motion Array costs a hefty penny (targeted at professional users I guess).

I was mostly speaking along the line of not having to actually use Adobe AE for the FX for that reason, since CapCut has plenty of those in its editor on the FREE Version that you can literally just drag and drop on either a fresh project, or a working file exported from Premiere Pro. Ofc, since they are different company's products, there's no project linking I'm afraid, but it's not a deal breaker tbh since CapCut exports so fast.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I picked up After Effects by looking at numerous tutorials online or at this website - videocopilot.net. The Tutorial page as a lot of free lesson videos and most are done using just After Affects (others may involve working with Maya, or some plug-ins).

I generally learn by having a project with an effect I want to use.

There are some free assets on Motion Array. I just pick from the Motion Graphics menu item and then check the Free asset box on the left hand side bar. There’s not a lot, but free is free. I also like to look at the free downloads on Premium Beat. They’re a lot more generous.

- Wolf

BikeFather

Wannabie Member
Apr 11, 2021
I ride a
Harley Davidson Sport Glide
I agree. I've been using Davinci as my main tool for a long time. I decided to give CapCut a try to see what the fuss is all about .. and .. wow.. some things are a lot easier.. especially for vertical / short form content. It doesn't replace davinci, but I now use both in my workflow, in fact, if it's a short reel, without many cuts or layers, I use CapCut directly.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts