Motovlog Noob

burlyjack

The bearded dude with a cool YouTube
Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
Welcome! I use a Sony action cam in the skeleton case. It does pretty fair although mine is getting outdated, and well used. It has to be in the skeleton case in order to have a mic plugged in. As far as editing software I just use Windows Movie Maker. It's a simple and great starter software. However, you will quickly become frustrated with its limitations. I'm currently looking into upgrading as soon as the wife says ye... er, I mean the funds allow it ;). There are tons of articles here about mic placement, camera placement, editing etc.

AVBB

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2017
I ride a
Suzuki VanVan
hey guys. Been riding for about 5+ years now. I want to be able to video my adventures. I have no idea where to start. I have a 2015 Harley Street 750, no aftermarket yet. Looking to put a forward facing and rider facing camera, also a mic (just a phone holder right now on the handlebars). What camera and mic setup do you guys suggest? Any other information you think might be helpful as well please.

I use a gopro session chin mounted because its small and light as for sound im using an olympus voice recorder with mic in the helmet. I find that recording the audio separately gives you more options when it comes to editing, especially if you want to switch between cameras during the vid (keeps the sound consistant) and its not all that hard to sync audio and video. bit of advice for syncing I always clap my hands so when editing I just line up the sound of the clap with my hands in the vid :)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts