Feedback Needed Mistakes New Riders Make?

Jafnhaar

Riding Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Hey y'all,

I recently made a video of 5 Mistakes new riders make.

Would it be possible if you could comment some feedback and maybe some extra mistakes they make to help these guys out....

Too many new riders getting hurt lately...

Thanks in advance... :)

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I think it was very well said and concise. Good job with the recap.

On a related note, I was in a conversation with an assistant director who was explaining how he told a group of 40 bikes that he only knew part of them that they needed to keep the formation tight on a 100 mile plus ride.

He was disappointed when I noted that if he did not know all the riders then how did he know he was not pushing them beyond their skill level? Some folks have slower reaction times and some bikes stop slower than others.

I am going to share your video on my Facebook feed as I meet new riders often on group rides.

Reactions: Jafnhaar

Jafnhaar

Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
I think it was very well said and concise. Good job with the recap.

On a related note, I was in a conversation with an assistant director who was explaining how he told a group of 40 bikes that he only knew part of them that they needed to keep the formation tight on a 100 mile plus ride.

He was disappointed when I noted that if he did not know all the riders then how did he know he was not pushing them beyond their skill level? Some folks have slower reaction times and some bikes stop slower than others.

I am going to share your video on my Facebook feed as I meet new riders often on group rides.

Thanks very much man. You have a good point though.. he is almost encouraging a certain speed to maintain and the problem is no one wants to be left behind

so they will all try to keep up, therefore increasing the chances of an accident.

I think its important for us to support new riders and mentor them in the way to ride that will make then hit their next birthday :)

Reactions: R-Rated

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Im at job, and YT is blocked, ill check out the video later, im a new rider, and i think one of the most important advices is to control the brakes, emphazising the correct use of rear brake-front brake specially with a bike with no ABS.

Reactions: Jafnhaar

Jafnhaar

Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Im at job, and YT is blocked, ill check out the video later, im a new rider, and i think one of the most important advices is to control the brakes, emphazising the correct use of rear brake-front brake specially with a bike with no ABS.

Thanks for your input mate.
There is so much advice out there now it's just praying that some take note :)

Reactions: Undead MV

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts