Hello, I'm New :-)

B-L-Biker

Wannabie Member
May 7, 2017
Nottingham
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XRX
Well hello!

I'm just starting out in this vlogging lark after years of watcher of various vloggers and if I'm honest they're probably the reason I ride!

last year I had a Drift 720 cam and took it on a tour of Europe with my girlfriend. No external mike so no vlogging unfortunately. Made a little music video out of it, but wont post the link as it seems I'm not allowed yet. ;)

Anyway bought a bargain Drift Ghost S yesterday and I've been out testing it today and I'm quite happy that I can talk to myself and be mildly entertaining!

On the ferry to Spain on 4th of June. So got just under a month to become pro... :eek:

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
hiya, have fun in Spain, awesome riding that way! :)

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of tips on this site on shooting and camera set up. I have a Drift Ghost too, and really love it. Get as many mounts as your can for a variety of shot, and a good external mic with a faux fur windscreen to cut down on the wind.
Extra batteries and SD cards and you're good to go. Post your Youtube link on your profile page.

- Wuf

B-L-Biker

Wannabie Member
May 7, 2017
Nottingham
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XRX
Thanks guys!

YouTube link now on my profile. I'm from Nottingham, very close to The Crumble in fact! (Although we've never met)

I've been looking at the Bath Biker's vids of Spain today, getting very excited about it now!

Can anyone recommend an editing programme? I did my eurotour vid with movie maker but the new version is totally different!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Filmora Wondershare is cheap and easy to learn but doesn't have all the complex features the others have. I also use Corel VideoStudio X10 which was not cheap, it does have some nice features but also some stupid bits (no audio when doing slo-mo etc) it is very complicated so I tend to normally use Wondershare.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Depends on how much you want to spend, and what kind system you have -- MAC, or PC, as some programs are only for specific platforms. For example, Vegas is only for PCs. iMovie is only MAC, while a lot are cross-platform.

I'd suggest something that can allow you to use a decent number of transitions, work in multiple video and audio tracks -- well above two, and has the ability to color correct. Last, it should allow you to render out in many different file format, with Codecs, frame rates, PAL, or NTSC, and good sound quality.

- Wuf

B-L-Biker

Wannabie Member
May 7, 2017
Nottingham
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XRX
So..

Since we last spoke, I've downloaded and paid for Filmora and have been getting to grips with it.

So here's my very first vlog! Set out with no plan or subject just had a ride about to test the mike and camera. The mike seems to have worked well although I've got a wind noise suppression thingy on the way which should improve matters I hope.

And my subscriber count has doubled since being on this site ;)

not allowed to post links yet so find my channel in my profile.

Thanks for the help guys!

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Get involved with the forum, won't take long to get to the post count requirement and gives us lot a chance to get to know you outside of your vlogs! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dillon159 Introduce Yourself! 2