Free Editing Program - Avid Media Composer First

MotoCafe

YouTube/MotoCafeRacer
Aug 9, 2016
Columbus Ohio
I ride a
1971 Honda CB750, 2014 Triumph Thruxton 900
Avid Media Composer has been the professional standard for decades, but up until recently has been priced WAY out of reach of the hobby editor. But as luck would have it, Avid recently released a FREE version of their software called Media Composer First, and it's not a trial version either. It's the real-deal program that is pretty much fully featured. I've been using it for a month or so and find that it's very stable on my 2015 MBP. The learning curve is a bit steep, but this is a great edit program and the price is perfect!
Here's the download link:

https://my.avid.com/mcfirst

:)

Reactions: HippoDrone

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Interesting. I had always thought that Avid had priced themselves out of business with the rise and popularity of Final Cut Pro first, followed by Premiere Pro and Vegas. Free is free so there's nothing wrong with that. Hope it works out.

- Wuf

MotoCafe

YouTube/MotoCafeRacer
Aug 9, 2016
Columbus Ohio
I ride a
Interesting. I had always thought that Avid had priced themselves out of business with the rise and popularity of Final Cut Pro first, followed by Premiere Pro and Vegas. Free is free so there's nothing wrong with that. Hope it works out.

- Wuf
I agree, their price point has historically been above what the casual user would want to pay. But it now appears that the pressure from the other programs has finally made a difference. Avid realized they were losing ground quickly, and this free version is their attempt to play catch up. I hope it works for them, but it may be too little too late.

Cj_Snowy

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
Aug 20, 2011
Scotland, Fife
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha R6
I currently use a free Video Editor called HotFilm Express 2017. It has all the features I need to create motovlogs. I did in the pass use Adobe Premiere Pro for a number of years and can say the main features that I use are on HotFilm Express. It does have other plugins you can pay for but for the time being, it's doing what I need it to do. :)

MotoCafe

YouTube/MotoCafeRacer
Aug 9, 2016
Columbus Ohio
I ride a
I currently use a free Video Editor called HotFilm Express 2017. It has all the features I need to create motovlogs. I did in the pass use Adobe Premiere Pro for a number of years and can say the main features that I use are on HotFilm Express. It does have other plugins you can pay for but for the time being, it's doing what I need it to do. :)
I’ll have to check that out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B.Vation Editing Talk 25

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts