Editing Programs To Get Started?

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Yesterday i started to use Sony Vegas 14 and left camtasia studio in standby, my next vlog will be out using this, i like because you can select the image quality during the editing process, so if you have a shitty pc like mine works fine. Anyone else uses Sony Vegas?

NF Vulcan

Never Hold In A Fart
Aug 26, 2017
Nebraska USA
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1600 SE
Have you tried shooting more footage and testing the new footage. Could be the videos you tried. Cyberlink Powerdirector should be able to open the video files just fine.

Yes, I tried multiple different clips, new and old. still no good. Been using filmora by wondershare. works wonderful.

Undead MV

Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Yesterday i started to use Sony Vegas 14 and left camtasia studio in standby, my next vlog will be out using this, i like because you can select the image quality during the editing process, so if you have a shitty pc like mine works fine. Anyone else uses Sony Vegas?
UPDATE
Yesterday i uploaded my newest MV, i editted it using sony vegas, is awesome, you can find a lot of options in effects and stuff, it worked well in my low performance PC, actually you can select the quality during the preview in order to save resources, so i find it ideal, i was about to buy a powerful pc, but now im not sure to do it, probably ill buy another monitor to have two extended displays

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Hello!
Even though you seem to have a program already. I thought I'd share my experience too. I am a great fan of "free." But I do not want to pirate much, so I have tried few freeware and shareware programs. I used to make all my edits with Lightworks. I really like it, it is complete, reliable, easy to use and tons of possibilities. But for some time now, they will not allow the free version to render any higher quality than 720p. I looked at the price tag and behold, it had a "monthly fee" written to it. So I declined politely.
I started looking for programs that would offer similar front end experience, and ended up with Kdenlive. Now I mainly use Windows, and the Windows version of it, is still in development (I believe it is originally for Linux), and several functions do not work. But all the regular editing can be done. I have not tried any super fancy things, but blurring areas of images, zooming, tilting, transitions, all that works just fine. Editing several separate parallel video and audio lines is great. And also lots of tutorials available on youtube.
I have experienced trouble with rendering to some specific formats and making timelapses. Also rendering on my laptop takes terrible amount of time, regardless of how many cores I give access to the program. But that might be due to the fact, that it is still not a complete product for Windows. I have not tried it with Linux or other Windows versions, so your experience may differ a lot.

Jafnhaar

Riding Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Jul 13, 2017
East Anglia, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint GT SE 1050
Download the GoPro editor. It's free and has all of the features that you are wanting. It's simple and renders in full quality.

I personally use Premier Pro but lately have been editing with iMovie that comes standard on my Mac. Simple and quick are what stand out to me when it comes to a motovlog.

Second that if you want a free editor that does basic stuff... If you want a more professional look then have to spend those pennies...

On the other hand like others have mentioned, get an "older version" of a more professional as they are always heavily discounted but do the job :D

Motocam

Wannabie Member
Nov 26, 2017
I ride a
KTM Duke 390
Thought id drag this up again, I've just been using iMovie, my editing is fairly basic and I probably haven't reached its full potential yet.... Anyone used iMovie or use iMovie? wondering if its worth upgrading to a paid platform and get some additional features or stick with it

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Thought id drag this up again, I've just been using iMovie, my editing is fairly basic and I probably haven't reached its full potential yet.... Anyone used iMovie or use iMovie? wondering if its worth upgrading to a paid platform and get some additional features or stick with it
If I was you and iMovie works for you I'd keep using it. Thats what I did with Movie Maker. If I recall Suffolk Andy is still using Movie Maker. I'd mess around with the trails for a bit if you really want to change.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
So a little update to my last post. I've now briefly tested Kdenlive on Linux Mint, and I must say it is superb. Much faster than on Windows, and the functions that did not work on Windows are also working well. Can't wait to do a proper video edit on it, to check how render times differ.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I was using VSDC free, was about to upgrade to the pay version when I saw Vegas Pro 14 on sale cheap. It’s hard to get used to a new program but I can already tell it’s way friendlier to use than VSDC. I still wouldn’t mind switching to something better if it’s out there, before I get too used to using this!

Anybody try Vegas Pro and go back to using something else?

Undead MV

Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I was using VSDC free, was about to upgrade to the pay version when I saw Vegas Pro 14 on sale cheap. It’s hard to get used to a new program but I can already tell it’s way friendlier to use than VSDC. I still wouldn’t mind switching to something better if it’s out there, before I get too used to using this!

Anybody try Vegas Pro and go back to using something else?
I use Sony Vegas 14, but sometimes is cumbersome for me, so i use camtasia studio instead

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
Thanks, I’ve never heard of camtasia. I’ll have a look. My other slight complaint, not sure if its the programs or my pc, they often crash and I’m in trouble if I didn’t recently save. Any issues with this?

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
Probably you need more RAM, what is your setup?
I'm sure I could use more, working with 8GB on my Acer laptop, i5 2.3GHz, intel Hd graphics 520. I'll add I'm not too computer savvy. The speed of doing anything and rendering is okay, both programs I mentioned just randomly shut down.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Are you sure, it's randomly? Not when trying to use effects like cropping, picture in picture, chromakey, etc.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
Are you sure, it's randomly? Not when trying to use effects like cropping, picture in picture, chromakey, etc.
Possibly, it's always during some sort of edit. I always figured they wanted you to pay for an upgrade so they made the free version of VSDC buggy. And of course with Vegas make you want to buy the new version. Similar to what Apple just did, secretly make the old version worse so people upgrade. Could they be this bad?

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
The reason I asked this, is my computer has a pretty poor video card. And even though I can render all complicated video effects, editing them will cause kdenlive, which is the program I use, to crash every now and then. It's always, when I do more complicated things, like several picture in picture things, or chromakey, or the previous combined. When I did the trailer, I edited everything together, but editing the last few seconds, where there are several clips scaled down, running at the same time, caused the program to crash often. Rendering that bit did not take noticeably longer, than rest of the video.
So maybe it is not about your RAM or CPU, but rather GPU. Just a thing to think about.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts