Dji Fires Back With A New Small Drone

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I have a $50 toy drone that I play with, but its too basic to learn anything at all.

I actually find the more basic a drone is, the better it is to learn on. Because they don't have fancy stabilization and auto-gyros and auto-takeoffs and auto-landings to aid you.

Reactions: DanielJ

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
I cant decide on which one to get ! I want the Mavic but the Karama has alot more to offer when it comes to being a "All-in-One" drone !

Thought it was a Karma - but if you do end up with a "Karama", I would really like to see that !!? :D

DJI have been in the Drone scene for years, GoPro on the other hand, only make decent action Cams! ;)

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
I suppose the only drawback is the GoPro drone has the removable gimbal, that's a nice touch.

I've never thought about switching gimbal/camera, there doesn't seem to have been any reason for my usage.

I've posted a couple of videos on motovlog showing footage and bike tracking, you can decide on quality for yourself:

https://motovlog.com/threads/ladybower-reservoir-filmed-with-dji-mavic-pro.16504/

https://motovlog.com/threads/active-track-on-the-dji-mavic-pro.16505/

I captured some footage over Scarborough at the weekend too, I'll post that to youtube later :)

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
How much do these drones cost? And are they actually worth it? Like i mean sure, im all about getting some hella nice shots of my bike and surrounding area but apart from that i don't really want to buy something for it to collect dust for the rest of the year.

I get taking it to the lake etc to again, get some hella nice shots like what @Matt Leech did. But apart from that i'm in two minds whether to invest in one

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
If you're in two minds, and you're not a gadget freak, and cost might be an issue, and you barely have enough time in your life already...don't buy one.

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Thanks for the advice. Yeah far to busy with life at the moment. I've had to step away from the challenges because of it too

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It was actually somit I didn't see happening until someone asked me recently. I love drones for videos but never thought I could afford one so avoided that direction. I currently only plan on the drone stuff complimenting my motovlogs.... I have an interest in them but that is mostly away from Youtube, although I guess both go hand in hand.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts