Another Set Of Eyes - Want Feedback Of Your Vlog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
Let me know what you guys think ;)

Night vlogs are always such a hard thing to execute. By keeping it short that helps. I felt like you got to the meat of the video and wan't trying to draw things out.

There were some Um's and pauses, nothing excessive just one of those things to always keep in mind when vlogging.

About your thoughts on needing to get an ECU flash, if you're just trying to make sure the bike is operating optimally you really don't need it. Your 02 sensor will read the richer mixture and your ECU will compensate within a short period of time. Now if you're trying to get better (insert category here, mileage, power, etc) then that's totally different.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS

Im trying a new format because iv moved to the lake district id love some feedback to what you guys think!

Overall I like it a lot. Really beautiful area, I thought your time lapses were spot on, especially the second one really had a good mood to it

Couple things to point out:

You were hard to hear at the beginning, there was a lot of wind noise. This might be as easy as just closing your visor when you are at speed.

I'll echo I think the intro could be shorter.

There were a couple of the drone shots which I think could have been shorter, specifically the one where it was circling you and the people around you. Also there was a sequence where the mountain color looked really flat and washed out. It's a product of overcast and the direction of the lighting. Just something to keep in mind next time.

Again overall pretty good and I'm looking forward to the next one.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
I just leave this one here.

;)

First off I don't have any issue with the fact that it's not a vlog, I think music videos are a great way to keep things interesting and not always doing the same thing.

The very first thing I'd like you to fix in your next video is straighten your camera. I think the helmet takes up too much of the shot, and I constantly found myself cocking my head trying to compensate for the off angle.

Your opening sequence could have been smoother and I would have liked to have seen you focus on the bike you were riding more.

Another thing that I think makes good music videos is a good combination of shots both on and off the bike. Breaking up the riding shots with off bike glamour or action shots really beefs up the production quality.

Keep it up! :)

Viper1350

Wannabie Member
Jan 15, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6
Night vlogs are always such a hard thing to execute. By keeping it short that helps. I felt like you got to the meat of the video and wan't trying to draw things out.

There were some Um's and pauses, nothing excessive just one of those things to always keep in mind when vlogging.

About your thoughts on needing to get an ECU flash, if you're just trying to make sure the bike is operating optimally you really don't need it. Your 02 sensor will read the richer mixture and your ECU will compensate within a short period of time. Now if you're trying to get better (insert category here, mileage, power, etc) then that's totally different.

It seems I'm having problems with my Sony Vegas videos coming out quite fuzzy. I've tried frame rate adjustments, making sure resampling is off, and it still comes out fuzzy. If I can just sort that one thing out, I'll be happy.

Thanks for the good words though. I'm glad I got the content editing concise. The uhm's and pauses are a work in progress. And I'll keep it in mind ;)

The ECU tuning is more for my peace of mind. This is my daily vehicle, so I'd like it to be running hundreds ;)

Thanks for the crit!

Reactions: JonJeoprdy

Hypertard

Life, the Universe and Bikes...
May 25, 2016
Oxfordshire
I ride a
BMW F800R, Husqvarna 900R
It seems I'm having problems with my Sony Vegas videos coming out quite fuzzy. I've tried frame rate adjustments, making sure resampling is off, and it still comes out fuzzy. If I can just sort that one thing out, I'll be happy.

Thanks for the good words though. I'm glad I got the content editing concise. The uhm's and pauses are a work in progress. And I'll keep it in mind ;)

The ECU tuning is more for my peace of mind. This is my daily vehicle, so I'd like it to be running hundreds ;)

Thanks for the crit!

I use these settings for Vegas:

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
First off I don't have any issue with the fact that it's not a vlog, I think music videos are a great way to keep things interesting and not always doing the same thing.

The very first thing I'd like you to fix in your next video is straighten your camera. I think the helmet takes up too much of the shot, and I constantly found myself cocking my head trying to compensate for the off angle.

Your opening sequence could have been smoother and I would have liked to have seen you focus on the bike you were riding more.

Another thing that I think makes good music videos is a good combination of shots both on and off the bike. Breaking up the riding shots with off bike glamour or action shots really beefs up the production quality.

Keep it up! :)

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, a music video once in a while breaks up the channel and even more importantly, gives me some fun time editing.
Getting shots of the bike, or outside the rider position, is something i need to work on.
Difficult when you are solo, even more difficult when you are riding with a group.
I do believe the Zero DS has outsider view.

But it is something i will keep in mind as well.

The helmet-thing is a first, but then again, it is a angle that probably fits more into the vlogging scene then the music scene.
Don't know why the angle is off, not something I noticed.

Hypertard

Life, the Universe and Bikes...
May 25, 2016
Oxfordshire
I ride a
BMW F800R, Husqvarna 900R
This weeks mvlog

Great video, only criticism is that you could cut out some of the chat about the equipment failure and the sign out. But then i dont really like signouts. Aim for the 5 minute mark on these types of videos due to attention spans being what they are! The scenery is fantastic and you have a great voice and conversational style. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts