Another Set Of Eyes - Want Feedback Of Your Vlog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
Post edited by @dandoolittle - please jump to this post before submitting
https://motovlog.com/threads/another-set-of-eyes-want-feedback-of-your-vlog.14166/page-6#post-127164

I'm curious to see if anyone is interested in getting together and giving their thoughts and suggestions before their mvlog is posted publicly.

What I'm thinking is: party A will post a mvlog privately and distribute the link to the other participating parties. The secondary parties will review and critique. Giving specific points and thoughts on what they like and don't. What can be cut and whats worth keeping in. Then the poster can make any needed changes and post their mvlog publicly.

In order to make this work it would require a moderate time commitment in order to make this worthwhile. I know many of us are looking for feedback and this would provide a way of achieving that instead of getting a few comments after the fact.

Anyways just putting this out there, I'm open to other ideas or logistics. Post up if you're interested.

Reactions: JohnnyGrom

Viper1350

Wannabie Member
Jan 15, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6
I like this idea. I do suppose however that each vlogger will have their own deadlines to keep, so the time that's available for review will be dependent on the uploader?

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Depending on interest I might work with you and bulld a 'review my vlog' section that's hidden

I'm watching to see what interest this gets

Main thing is spammers and the people who slap out videos but not give back, hence the rules here

Reactions: Goatzilla

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
I'd be happy to give some feedback. I'm pretty outspoken already, lol. But I can't sit and watch several 10 min blogs and give feedback every day. It's a notable commitment.

I like the idea of a review my vlog section. Could you maybe only make it available for those with a certain post count? That would weed out some of the people who just want views and don't give back.

Reactions: RedRider!

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
Depending on interest I might work with you and bulld a 'review my vlog' section that's hidden

I'm watching to see what interest this gets

Main thing is spammers and the people who slap out videos but not give back, hence the rules here

I'd be happy to give some feedback. I'm pretty outspoken already, lol. But I can't sit and watch several 10 min blogs and give feedback every day. It's a notable commitment.

I like the idea of a review my vlog section. Could you maybe only make it available for those with a certain post count? That would weed out some of the people who just want views and don't give back.

I agree there should be some qualifications. And maybe even a couple different subforums. you get membership to one set that's comprised of a small group maybe 5-8. This limits the amount of vlogs being posted and gives people a chance to actually watch what is put up rather than just being overwhelmed with too many posters. Like what you said savage it's impossible to watch everything. What do you think of this idea Dan? I know running these forums is time consuming, and I wouldn't want to create something that will take too much time.

I like this idea. I do suppose however that each vlogger will have their own deadlines to keep, so the time that's available for review will be dependent on the uploader?

This is something that can be discussed as well. My first thought would be it's up to each individual vlogger to post their "draft" in enough time to get the feedback they want before their scheduled release time. Another idea I had is if you had a small group decide to meet on a certain evening it could be a live thing. Just some ideas...discuss :)

Viper1350

Wannabie Member
Jan 15, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6
Live thing? Not on my internet connection :(

Membership? With my little post count I might be stuck out of this thing then :eek:

Maybe the time available for review can be a less formal thing? For instance:

Let's say I've just finished editing my draft and I want to post it here for review. So I post here on the Wednesday evening...

"Here's my latest video that I'm planning to upload on Friday. If you have any feedback, let me know"

"Link"

Or something along those lines? This is just an example of what I have in mind ;)

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
I agree there should be some qualifications. And maybe even a couple different subforums.

Can use the 'post your video rule' to make sure they're valid members who interact etc. I can also set up other settings, if need be to each section, if one was made.

Subforums isn't an issue but what I don't want is forums being dead as they look crap to be honest.

Also alerting @Lurch

Reactions: Lurch and Viper1350

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Like what you said savage it's impossible to watch everything. What do you think of this idea Dan?

I would be more than happy to have you as a mod on that one section as a trial basis. It will be like your own court room and me or @Lurch wont step in etc, unless its pure spam etc.

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
My thoughts ...

Dedicated Section/Subforum. Only seen and accessible by those with 50+ posts. Or maybe 100 if you want to get even more exclusive.

I don't think there is a need for a time limit or restriction on pre-release. I'm one who would probably post a video public and then share there to get some honest feedback that I could apply to my next video. But if you think it should be required that the video be unlisted, that's a reasonable choice as well.

I just think it should be clear that if you post there people will be honest and provide feedback. You can't get your panties in a wad if someone says it's too long or boring. There should be a disclaimer that your feelings might be hurt if you are too attached to your work.

Reactions: dandoolittle

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
I would be willing to be a mod for the section.

I think the rules for this section should be more strict. Since the whole point of this is activity and feedback I would suggest something like, feedback must be given on a minimum of 50% of the posted videos. Doesn't need to be every one but strong activity is needed. Also I would limit each person to a single video per week with the guideline being that each video is less than 10min long. I would leave the duration for the feedback up to the poster. If you want to post on Thursday night for a Friday release, or if you want a week for review that's up to the individual poster.

SV- I agree with you if someone is in this section they need to accept critique. No whining and crying because someone said they didn't like something.

Viper - Since you are here contributing to the discussion on the creation of this, I don't have any issue with granting you access to the subforum.

To start with I let's try to get 5 people for a trial run. SV, Viper, Dan, if you're interested, myself and two more.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
I certainly like the idea. I think a high initial post count would be required, so you have to have been a decent contributor to earn the privilege.

I agree that it would be your own courtroom as Dan says. You want critique, don't be upset if it's blunt. As for moderation, not sure it needs a section mod as such. Generally this forum is well behaved. If something needed attention, click the "REPORT" button on the post - same applies for the rest of the forum. Best way to alert me or Dan is use that button as the @ tag function doesn't appear to be working for me...

NS.YT

Ultimate Savage
Jan 14, 2016
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR 650
Count me in. I've been interested in a focus group kind of situation and I'd love to be involved in giving my opinion on others videos as well.

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
I'm happy to get involved with this, but at the moment I'm full out at work/ other commitments and my own time for making personal motovlogs has become slacked. So I couldn't guarantee a I need feedback by tonight timeline.

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
I'm happy to get involved with this, but at the moment I'm full out at work/ other commitments and my own time for making personal motovlogs has become slacked. So I couldn't guarantee a I need feedback by tonight timeline.

I think I should have explained my point a bit better. Basically, what I was trying to get across is if someone posts up with less than 24hrs before their vlog goes public that person would have to accept that they might not get much if any feedback. Where-as if someone gives a week for critique that allows for more people to give input. And I wouldn't have any expectation that in order to join someone would have this impact their life. This is why at least to begin with I would like to keep it a small group. That way if the requirement is feedback on 50% of posted videos and there are 5-8 people with a max of 10 min vlogs you would only have to make a 30-40 min commitment a week. And I feel that is reasonable. I'm busy with a new job and recently moved so I don't have tons of time but I would like to help others as well as receive good feedback as well. Hope that clears up a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts