Another Set Of Eyes - Want Feedback Of Your Vlog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Do you use the spot meter? It does a damn good job of bringing the sunlight to heel.

Yes I have tried every setting. I have another video where the suns not behind me, its actually from the same day and it looks fine.

I'm just going to get another camera and use this one under the bike somewhere.

Reactions: dandoolittle

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I'm going to move this to 'Post your videos' as a sticky thread as a trial for a month or two.

However - To stop people signing up, just to post a video, then leave again they will be tied to this rule. I may change this at a later date!

If this thread does turn into a good thing, I think it might then I will make another section etc - @JonJeoprdy will be made a mod of that section. He will have the final opinion, if anyone else wants to help him then I will also make that person a mod of that one section...Providing it works.

I have a habit of flicking in and out as well but I will not step in on anything. The section will be the mods section, not mine as such.

I do not want any advertising videos at all. I do not make a penny from this site but the adverts do cover the hosting, security and software updates so don't expect me to allow you to gain when I'm not looking to myself. I have no interest in earning from this site, its a hobby thing for me really.

I highly doubt that I will allow new members to post videos in this or a new section. Lets face it, this is a forum and without posts and threads, its nothing so its a help me to help you. i want you to gain exposure but not be spammed to death by seeing videos all over the site. Its a motorbike forum for moto-vloggers, not a watch my video and sub to me site alone.

Only thing I will chuck in the 'I'm the site owner card' is on one rule really, ok maybe a couple

If you post a video to be reviewed and you don't get the feedback you would have liked.... Do not moan about it, there is no point asking for feedback if you're not willing to accept it. On the other hand, this is not an avenue to be a dick about someones video as well!

If this is your first time posting in this thread you must first review a previously posted video." As you said it's difficult to moderate a single thread with different rules, so this would be more on the honor system. But hopefully would keep down the posting and leaving.(Edit for @JonJeoprdy)

Also, if you want to be reviewed then be a good sport, review other peoples as well. Its how communities work!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JonJeoprdy

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
p.s in a month or so, maybe sooner, I'd be looking for someone(s) to help mod the section but that does come with some catches of reviewing etc but the added bonus is that you'd most likely gain subs etc yourself.

I am not a power trip mod, nor is @Lurch or @Marbro_za so if you're looking to be a power all mighty mod then you wont fit in. I do turn a blind eye on the odd things so being a person overrides being a mod ;) If that makes sense anyway.

If you feel that you can fit the bill then let us know

Viper1350

Wannabie Member
Jan 15, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6
p.s in a month or so, maybe sooner, I'd be looking for someone(s) to help mod the section but that does come with some catches of reviewing etc but the added bonus is that you'd most likely gain subs etc yourself.

I am not a power trip mod, nor is @Lurch or @Marbro_za so if you're looking to be a power all mighty mod then you wont fit in. I do turn a blind eye on the odd things so being a person overrides being a mod ;) If that makes sense anyway.

I've been moderating for my local car forum. Could maybe help out? I'm online here almost 10 hours a day during the week :D

Viper1350

Wannabie Member
Jan 15, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6
Okay, now I have a video for some criticism. I usually don't know what to do with these kind of random mash up videos and I'm never that proud to put them out. So I'm interested to see some feedback.

As the others have said already, the video is quite long. Maybe cutting out some silent sections will help with that.

Your watermark and the logo top right are a bit difficult to see with them being on the same side as your helmet. Moving them to the LHS might work, as I quite like your logo.

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Please dont give me mod status, ill somehow end up banning myself...

Got my eye on you as well ;) ha

Seriously though. I wouldn't just make someone a mod unless they asked :)

Defo not for reviewing videos anyway - people don't appreciate how much of a commitment that is .

Reactions: Hypertard

NS.YT

Ultimate Savage
Jan 14, 2016
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR 650

I'm a mod on a hookah related forum and have been since 2010, I've also have some experience in subreddit moderating. But, I'm fairly new here so...I'll just throw my hat in to that mix.

NS.YT

Ultimate Savage
Jan 14, 2016
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR 650
As the others have said already, the video is quite long. Maybe cutting out some silent sections will help with that.

Your watermark and the logo top right are a bit difficult to see with them being on the same side as your helmet. Moving them to the LHS might work, as I quite like your logo.

I actually pulled my watermark for the time being until I can rehab it a bit. I just don't like it. I've also cut the video down to just over 7 minutes and it flows much better and is almost entertaining. I'll post the new cut when it's on Youtube and I appreciate the critique, it honestly helped.

Viper1350

Wannabie Member
Jan 15, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6
I actually pulled my watermark for the time being until I can rehab it a bit. I just don't like it. I've also cut the video down to just over 7 minutes and it flows much better and is almost entertaining. I'll post the new cut when it's on Youtube and I appreciate the critique, it honestly helped.

Can't wait to see it ;)

Hypertard

Life, the Universe and Bikes...
May 25, 2016
Oxfordshire
I ride a
BMW F800R, Husqvarna 900R
Got my eye on you as well ;) ha

Seriously though. I wouldn't just make someone a mod unless they asked :)

Defo not for reviewing videos anyway - people don't appreciate how much of a commitment that is .

Haha! Feel free to give me the stink eye. And thank you for your great Mod/Admining!

NS.YT

Ultimate Savage
Jan 14, 2016
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR 650
Okay here is the final cut. I shimmed 4 minutes and cut out a lot of dead time. I think I made my wheelie attempt section a little more watchable.

Hypertard

May 25, 2016
Oxfordshire
I ride a
Certainly is a tighter cut but i think you could lose about 20% more, for example when you discover the lake you could just leave it saying "i discovered a lake!", then cut to the seating area and avoid repetitions and during the wheelie section show fewer attempts and cut down on the silent long moments on the long roads. I know it's a bitch but you'll get better at it. At the end of the day, do what you are happy with but yes, this is definitely better :)

Reactions: NS.YT

NS.YT

Ultimate Savage
Jan 14, 2016
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR 650
Like I said I just never know what to do with these type of videos that have no real direction. But I've picked up some good feedback here and they don't seem as daunting anymore.

Hypertard

May 25, 2016
Oxfordshire
I ride a
Like I said I just never know what to do with these type of videos that have no real direction. But I've picked up some good feedback here and they don't seem as daunting anymore.

You and me both, brother :)

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
@dandoolittle , thanks for making this a sticky. I think it's a great idea. I know it's temporary, but I'll say that it was difficult for me to sift through the thread here and find the videos that I reviewed the other day. I actually missed two videos on a previous page and had to go back and find them just based on context clues.

In the long run, the easier you can make it to find videos to review, the more reviews people will get and the more help we can provide. A dedicated area will make it much simpler to see what's up for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts