Where Do You Park?

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I try to find a spot covered by a tree or something similiar or up on the sidewalk by the building in the shade (usually away from the front entrance). Vegas is hell and gets as hot. need to keep my bike out of the sun as much as possible
The problem with parking under a tree for shade is that the potential of getting bird poo on the bike, those are extremely bad for the paint and tough as f--k to remove.

TamaRider

TamagoRider
Apr 14, 2016
I ride a
Honda CBR150R
In the country I'm staying, anywhere can park as long it does not affect the traffic.

CDA441

Red Viffer VTEC!
Apr 15, 2016
Belgium
cda441.wordpress.com
I ride a
'04 Honda VFR800 VTEC
Being in Belgium, laws are different here.
We don't need tickets for bikes to park. I can park anywhere eg.
- Car parking space (no need for ticket, unlimited time)
- Sidewalk (just keep a minimum of 1 meter over for the pedestrians)
- Bicycle rack (aside of it)
- Parts where bicycles are forbidden to park
- Parking garage, same as car, you need to pay for your time, just take a car spot, or put it against the wall to not to impede traffic.

I asked a traffic warden their thoughts on parking a motorcycle anywhere, and they just told me that they don't even check motorcycles.

MotoDynsty

Putting the Nasty in DyNasty
Mar 11, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
I ride a
K8 GSXR 600
The problem with parking under a tree for shade is that the potential of getting bird poo on the bike, those are extremely bad for the paint and tough as f--k to remove.

hahaha luckily in vegas the trees are mostly palms and not a lot of birds hang out in those!

Reactions: SighBored

MotoDynsty

Putting the Nasty in DyNasty
Mar 11, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
I ride a
K8 GSXR 600
Parking is a car problem. Just drive into the store.

I parked like that once at work. At first they where pissed, then they laughed. Luckily i tend to be a very good employee so I just got the whole, dont be an asshole talk then a pat on the back as i walked out

Attachments

• 20160402_222511.jpg
    20160402_222511.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 306

asterisk*

Wannabie Member
Mar 30, 2016
I ride a
Ninja 250
I parked like that once at work. At first they where pissed, then they laughed. Luckily i tend to be a very good employee so I just got the whole, dont be an asshole talk then a pat on the back as i walked out
Lol nice

BxPolymath

Wannabie Member
Apr 18, 2016
I ride a
Harley Davidson Street 750
Parking in NYC is tricky. I dont even know all the rules yet, but from what i hear, we can park anywhere also, but its a 50/50 chance that we will get a ticket. Depends on the traffic cop.

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
I've got away with parking most places, against hospital walls/ front of supermarkets/ high streets closed to cars. Think it just comes down to if your out of the way and not causing a problem for anyone, you should be ok.

Seacoast

Wannabie Member
Apr 10, 2016
Dover, NH
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650
I usually just park my bike on the regular parking spots, but I try to pick an edge where drivers would be able to see there is a motorcycle parked there and not ram into it on accident. Not many shops have dedicated parking spots for bikes near me.

Haiqel

Rider | Gamer | Procrastinator Champion
Apr 14, 2016
Singapore
I ride a
2001 Yamaha RXZ
2013 KTM Duke 390
I parked it in my heart, always.
Very close and very safe. Recommended! ;)

p51motov

Wannabie Member
May 3, 2016
I ride a
Yamaha R3
I'm always worried about parking in front of shops, I feel as though its just asking for a ticket with a 'NO DESIGNATED PARKING ZONE' as the reason. To be fair the laws are different in AUS from the USA ;)

The USA has 50 sets of traffic and parking laws, the federal gov't only deals with interstate highways and interstate travel. And to be honest I have no idea what the laws are around here (Massachusetts). I guess it's up to the property owner, but what if the property owner is a dick and decides to tow me? :(

Not a ton of bikes in my state as we only have 8 months of decent riding, and maybe 5 months of really great riding weather. Pretty much everyone seems to park in a car space, but that doesn't mean they cant park elsewhere.

Sidewinder

Sidewinder2180
Mar 29, 2016
I ride a
2011 Honda Shadow VT750RS
Wherever I want lol, except handicap spaces.

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
Actually took the bike to Lowe's yesterday (home improvement store for our non-US readers) and thought about parking in a striped off area. I opted for a full size spot a little ways up the row instead. I care way too much about what people think it seems.

nunoajc

Wannabie Member
May 10, 2016
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6 MY 03
In Portugal designated motorcycle space are very few. So I park in sidewalk or where is space. Of course we cannot park in handicap space or other expecific designated areas.

Mousez

It's a KLR kinda thing.
Apr 30, 2016
I ride a
2013 KLR 650
Normally in motorcycle parking if available. If not I usually park near the building, or in front at the handicap area (not in it, but beside it, all the bikes here in TN do)

DDR

Wannabie Member
May 17, 2016
I ride a
Honda CB125F
Its funny cause if I park in a legal space, I'd get hounded by thieves and if in an illegal space, by parking enforcers. :| So far what I'd do is to find other bikes that are way more expensive/beautiful than mine and let my bike be 'invisible' .

Dick move, I know lol

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts