Where Do You Park?

aphire

Wannabie Member
Feb 13, 2016
Annpolis, MD
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS
Where is it legal to park a motorcycle? Some places have designated spots for motorcycles but what if there isn't a place? Probability of getting a ticket parking right next to the doors at walmart?

Reactions: ScootWook

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
I couldn't speak to specific parking laws, but I Park based on the situation.

Ill say that you should never Park in a handicapped accessible area (blue stripes) or emergency/fire zone (red stripes) . But I think yellow and white striped areas are usable in some cases. Those are usually just filler for oddly shaped parking areas where they can't fit a full space.

That said, it's most likely still illegal to park in those areas. Will you get a ticket... Probably not.

When parking is hard to find, I'm more likely to find a non-standard space. In those cases I feel that other drivers appreciate you not taking a full size space with your bike.

Reactions: aphire

aphire

Wannabie Member
Feb 13, 2016
Annpolis, MD
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS
I couldn't speak to specific parking laws, but I Park based on the situation.

Ill say that you should never Park in a handicapped accessible area (blue stripes) or emergency/fire zone (red stripes) . But I think yellow and white striped areas are usable in some cases. Those are usually just filler for oddly shaped parking areas where they can't fit a full space.

That said, it's most likely still illegal to park in those areas. Will you get a ticket... Probably not.

When parking is hard to find, I'm more likely to find a non-standard space. In those cases I feel that other drivers appreciate you not taking a full size space with your bike.

Great info! thanks!!

Pigs

Wannabie Member
Dec 4, 2015
Portland, OR
I ride a
zx6r
Just had a brief chat with a cop friend. He said since it's private property it's up to the business to handle parking enforcement. Cops would only get involved is there was a crash or it was a handicapped spot.
This.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Where ever I please. LoL, JK. If I'm out I try to park as close to where I'll be at. Sometimes literally right beside my table. Generally I try to park in a way that does not inconvenience others or block the path. However sometimes when I am being courteous there comes along a shitbag driver and just parks centimeters away from my bike even though it's not possible to be parking that way. A-hole drivers.

Clint Love

It doesn't say CUNT, dammit!
Jun 17, 2015
Dallas, Texas
www.therealclintlove.com
I ride a
2007 Ducati 1098s
As far a parking on areas in front of stores, it's usually up to that store's management. I have no problems at Wal-Mart, Target, or Kroger. I never park in or near handicapped spots, because 1. it's rude to handicapped people and 2. the cops will give you like a $500 ticket. At Wal Mart I had another customer bitch and threaten to inform management that I was parking on the walk next to the building. As it turns out, the store manager's Daytona 675 and the night shift supervisor's Harley were the two bikes next to mine! So that guy felt pretty stupid.

BbqRider

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2015
I ride a
Suzuki DR650
If there's no bike parking I'll park somewhere out of the way, usually in one of those open spaces where they couldn't fit another car parking spot. Otherwise I'll park on the side walk, if there's enough space for pedestrians to move past without issues. People over here don't seem to have a problem with bikes parking on the side walk. If I have no other choice I'll park in a car spot, right against the line so another bike can squeeze in next to me. Drivers do get butthurt if you park in a car spot, though

ChunksLife

Chunk
Jan 1, 2016
Bognor Regis
www.youtube.com
I ride a
aprilia rs4
i park were ever i like never had any one complain i did once have sum one reverse into my old Yamaha dt and they were very apologetic and i abused the shit out of my dt so i didn't mind the fact they had knocked it off the stand i miss having a robust bike

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Honda CBR 500 RA & Honda MSX 125 (GROM)
I usually try to park in the excess areas so I'm not taking up a car space, I also Park on the pathway so long as it's not going to inconvenience anyone.

In Melbourne it's actually legal to park on the pathway so you see 90% of Motorbikes in Melbourne parked on the path.

Reactions: aphire

MotoDynsty

Putting the Nasty in DyNasty
Mar 11, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
I ride a
K8 GSXR 600
I try to find a spot covered by a tree or something similiar or up on the sidewalk by the building in the shade (usually away from the front entrance). Vegas is hell and gets as hot. need to keep my bike out of the sun as much as possible

GentleBros

#FLEXBY
Mar 28, 2016
SoCal
I ride a
06 GSXR-1000, 11 ZX10R, 14 & 15 Honda Grom
Like what everyone has stated, it varies. Sometimes people are cool with you parking at front, you just have to ask people who are in charge there. Sometimes I park where I see a lot of other motorcycles as well. At the mall in my area, a lot of bikers park in a space outlined with blue lines that separates the handicap parking. No trouble or tickets so far.

OOTOWJ

Wannabie Member
Mar 28, 2016
I ride a
91 Honda CBR250 RR
I'm always worried about parking in front of shops, I feel as though its just asking for a ticket with a 'NO DESIGNATED PARKING ZONE' as the reason. To be fair the laws are different in AUS from the USA ;)

Matycyclez

Wannabie Member
Apr 3, 2016
I ride a
01' Ninja 250---soon to be zx6r or 600rr
I'm big on the places where you see yellow stripes. If there's no yellow stripes I hit right next to the sidewalk slightly away from the front entrance. If there's no yellow striped areas or sidewalks....where the f** am i??? haha then just park anywhere you can fit.

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
At the mall in my area, a lot of bikers park in a space outlined with blue lines that separates the handicap parking. No trouble or tickets so far.
Just to be considerate, maybe stay out of the handicapped areas. Those blue striped areas are to give room for accessible vans and such to load wheelchairs.

JohnnyGrom

Wannabie Member
Jan 28, 2016
I ride a
Honda Grom
I park right inside the door!! Jk I chance it right outside the door!!

asterisk*

Wannabie Member
Mar 30, 2016
I ride a
Ninja 250
I feel like if I start parking anywhere I'll start behaving like the rules don't apply to me.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
If there is bicycle on the street racks I feel like parking next to them, out of the way. There is way too few dedicated parking areas for motorcycles in my town.
At home, I drive around the house to where the bicycle rack for the house is, out of sight for people passing by.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
I park in the handicap spaces but I also have a crippled tag. I call it vip parking

Reactions: Bonehead76

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts