Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Mine is the nickname my old art teacher had for me back in my secondary school (high school) days. Since then it's just kind of stuck through my working years :)
How about your logo? What is the significance there?

Reactions: Pooley

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
How about your logo? What is the significance there?
Good question!

Basically in my first motovlog, I rode past a strange sculpture which appeared to be a crocodile with a pirate hat, in the shape of a chair.. At this point I didn't have a picture or anything planned, so I thought to myself what would people find memorable? On a whim I thought let's use this crocodile to represent my channel, so I designed what you see today based on that and just went with it lol

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Where it came from : We as a collective are based in the Highlands of Scotland and we ride motorbikes, and do Motovlogs so it just kind of went together.

Originally it was my own channel (Minion Ninja) however the gang wanted to put up some vids too (still waiting for all but one to do any) so I adapted the channel.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
My Youtube channel name is a combination of two things:

1. Moto - Just short for motorcycle.
2. Mengy - This is a nickname a friend of mine gave me in the 1st grade and it has stuck with me throughout my entire life. All through high school, it followed me to college, co-workers of mine today call me Mengy.

I honestly had a list of over a dozen possible names for my channel, but in the end Moto Mengy was the one I hated the least so it go chosen!

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
My internet nickname for years has been vladtepes.

When I went to create a YT channel that was already taken so I used my other nickname -
landy (I'm a Land Rover Defender owner), Vlad (because vladtepes) and 375 because I used to havea few 375H&H rifles.

Thus my personal YT channel name is landyvlad375

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
I really liked the Pet Shop Boys when I started my YouTube account in 2006. My username was West End Boy which didn't fit with when I went to use it for a second time in 2018...

So I made it WEB.

Which in hindsight is an even stupider name. Searching for WEB on the internet? Do you know how many things on the internet use the word WEB?!

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I really liked the Pet Shop Boys when I started my YouTube account in 2006. My username was West End Boy which didn't fit with when I went to use it for a second time in 2018...

So I made it WEB.

Which in hindsight is an even stupider name. Searching for WEB on the internet? Do you know how many things on the internet use the word WEB?!
Just when I didn't think your channel could get any better... always wondered why WEB, and you didn't disappoint :cool:

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
Can't see I've answered this question here. Though sure I may have elsewhere. Anyway...

Years ago I set up a channel after watching Spicy. I was hoping to get a bike as a cheap alternative to public transport (how wrong was I?!). At the time my nicknames were: Smooth (surname Ruff), Vers (Versutia- XB GT) or Ruffy. None of which felt like they were great names for a channel. I settled on MHR_Versutia for a while. Again, not great, but all I had.

As time went by I was watching quite a bit of PewDiePie and he had the BroFist thing going on. When I discovered Twitch had come to Xbox I started to stream my favourite game (ESO anyone?). Friends joked that I'd be the next Pewds or something, and said my 'thing' could be the 'Mick Fist'. We thought it was funny so I ended up naming some accounts as MickFist, and one of graphic designer friends went on to create the logo you see before you (Its supposed to be an M in the fist). Until recently my Twitch Channel was MickFist.

Mick is a name I actually disliked for a long while, which is why they kept calling me Mick. I have softened to it over the years though, so don't worry about calling me Mick if you see me, or reply. Its just that Mick was my Dads name in the house, and I was Mike. Maybe as I grow older, I will take the mantle of Mick from the old man lol

Anyway. Sorry for the long reply, as per usual. But do enjoy the Storytime.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Mick is a name I actually disliked for a long while, which is why they kept calling me Mick. I have softened to it over the years though, so don't worry about calling me Mick if you see me, or reply.

My name is Michael, usually called Mike and by some people - Mick. I don't care much either way.

Channel names I was considering (but appear to be already taken)
Motorcycle Michael or Motorbike Mike.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Originally went by Minion Ninja has had a Ninja and am of smaller stature... Changed to Highland Riders MV as intention was for others in riding crew to contribute... Still waiting for this to be regular .

LimeyRider

Wannabie Member
Jan 3, 2023
Fleet
I ride a
Yamaha YBR Custom and a Suzuki SV650 - Toying with a Triumph of some sort, undecided as of yet.
Well, I'm in the military, and the amount of nations I've worked with through out NATO that call me a Limey is quite high, so I thought I'd just roll with it!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts