Where did you get your (YT) Name?

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
Mine is the nickname my old art teacher had for me back in my secondary school (high school) days. Since then it's just kind of stuck through my working years :)

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
How about your logo? What is the significance there?
Good question!

Basically in my first motovlog, I rode past a strange sculpture which appeared to be a crocodile with a pirate hat, in the shape of a chair.. At this point I didn't have a picture or anything planned, so I thought to myself what would people find memorable? On a whim I thought let's use this crocodile to represent my channel, so I designed what you see today based on that and just went with it lol

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Where it came from : We as a collective are based in the Highlands of Scotland and we ride motorbikes, and do Motovlogs so it just kind of went together.

Originally it was my own channel (Minion Ninja) however the gang wanted to put up some vids too (still waiting for all but one to do any) so I adapted the channel.

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
In my circle I'm "the crazy one" I guess? Lol, Madlad is something that I just kind of started saying and given my escapades it felt fitting! :p

Reactions: MotoCafe

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
My Youtube channel name is a combination of two things:

1. Moto - Just short for motorcycle.
2. Mengy - This is a nickname a friend of mine gave me in the 1st grade and it has stuck with me throughout my entire life. All through high school, it followed me to college, co-workers of mine today call me Mengy.

I honestly had a list of over a dozen possible names for my channel, but in the end Moto Mengy was the one I hated the least so it go chosen!

Reactions: HippoDrone

LandyVlad

Modest Genius !
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
My internet nickname for years has been vladtepes.

When I went to create a YT channel that was already taken so I used my other nickname -
landy (I'm a Land Rover Defender owner), Vlad (because vladtepes) and 375 because I used to havea few 375H&H rifles.

Thus my personal YT channel name is landyvlad375

Reactions: HippoDrone

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
I really liked the Pet Shop Boys when I started my YouTube account in 2006. My username was West End Boy which didn't fit with when I went to use it for a second time in 2018...

So I made it WEB.

Which in hindsight is an even stupider name. Searching for WEB on the internet? Do you know how many things on the internet use the word WEB?!

Pooley

Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
I really liked the Pet Shop Boys when I started my YouTube account in 2006. My username was West End Boy which didn't fit with when I went to use it for a second time in 2018...

So I made it WEB.

Which in hindsight is an even stupider name. Searching for WEB on the internet? Do you know how many things on the internet use the word WEB?!
Just when I didn't think your channel could get any better... always wondered why WEB, and you didn't disappoint :cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Off Topic Chat 3

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts