What is your next channel goal?

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Hard for me to pinpoint an outcome goal (like subscriber count), but I do have a process goal to make 2 videos/week every week for at least 3 months for starters. I would say that underlying that is just creating content I'm proud to share.

If I make a video and don't feel super proud to share it, I have work to do. I want that content to be super solid, with good cuts, good quality, good information/value for the watcher, with a running theme, etc. The barometer there to me is that my friends/family go from "cool!" to "wow, you're actually objectively good at this and I want to proactively watch".

Outside of that is just to be plugged in to the community in a diversified manner and give back along the way. Posting on instagram regularly, perusing Reddit, contributing to Discords, supporting others on Patreon, a lot of YouTube watching/support of others, joining Facebook groups, finding meetups, joining websites like this one and contributing. Whether that translates into new subscribers is just a byproduct more than the driver.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
It's interesting going back to this thread. When I last posted in it I was still starting out and learning so much, and I only had 16 subs and a couple motovlogs online.

Now I have a dozen motovlogs uploaded, over 1000 views, and 79 subs. Where before my only goal was to keep on keeping on, I now have quite a few very specific goals for my channel:

1. Reach 100 subs to get my custom URL
2. Buy a second camera for the handlebars
3. Create a better banner for my Youtube page.
4. Increase my videos per week from one to two, at least every other week.
5. Improve the quality of my video editing to include more B-roll and scene breaks.
6. Work on talking slower while filming. I get too excited when filming, LOL.
7. Buy a camera drone. I've wanted one for a long time anyway just as a toy, now I have a real reason to get one!

Yeah, my list of goals seems to be growing....

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
My goal is and always has been 100 subs.. Looking through this post im amazed to see how people have so many subs / views.. How do you guys get so much reach of your videos? Im curious to know how to extend my reach right now. Sitting at 55 subs Im quite happy as I just started though

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
My goal is and always has been 100 subs.. Looking through this post im amazed to see how people have so many subs / views.. How do you guys get so much reach of your videos? Im curious to know how to extend my reach right now. Sitting at 55 subs Im quite happy as I just started though
There are a few threads on that already @Gemini have a search, if you can't find them start a new topic, am sure folk have lots of tips to give! :)

Reactions: Meifesto

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
I just kinda want to have some sort of following, big or small, and make interesting videos for people who like bikes :p(My friends think my videos are really good, but I feel like they feel they're obligated to say that lol)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Should be doable mate, TBH 500 subs should see you well over the view time if you post regularaly on to your channel! :)

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
Considering I have just started last week... getting to 50 subs would be a great start for me.

But you know what, if I never even make it that far then it doesnt matter because I am finding motovlogging great fun, its allowing me to get creative with video and photography which I haven't been able to do for years. And its allowing me to push my own limits as well as forcing me to learn new skills.

I guess it's an escape of sorts. So while it would be awesome if people liked what I did, the reality is it doesn't matter that much to me personally :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Am sure you will hit 50 in no time. Don't forget to add your social channels into this linked thread:

• Love
Reactions: motosera

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
Am sure you will hit 50 in no time. Don't forget to add your social channels into this linked thread:

I bet she will do that really fast. I was always wondering why there's not more women motovloggers as it is good niche for such a channels and relatively easy to step in and grow fast.

• Love

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
I bet she will do that really fast. I was always wondering why there's not more women motovloggers as it is good niche for such a channels and relatively easy to step in and grow fast.

Thanks so much. It means a lot.

Considering the grief I've been getting on Facebook today after sharing a video it's nice to come on here and get some positivity :D Anyway, enough about me and I've got some prep to do for my next video! :cool:

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
Thanks so much. It means a lot.

Considering the grief I've been getting on Facebook today after sharing a video it's nice to come on here and get some positivity :D Anyway, enough about me and I've got some prep to do for my next video! :cool:

I'm only on 1 BB group on FB- some of the groups are full of nobbers.

I watched your indicator change earlier, you have a deeper voice than I imagined.

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
I'm only on 1 BB group on FB- some of the groups are full of nobbers.

I watched your indicator change earlier, you have a deeper voice than I imagined.

Yeh... that...

Like I said in my into, theres a lot of reasons why the SOPHIE bike. Some too close to home.

I may, or may not, do a blog about it one day. But in some ways it feels irrelevant to the overriding biker narrative.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R

I think we have 5 or 6 Dutch woman motovloggers in the Netherlands. Of which Itchyboots is most famous, and one of the few that talks in English xD Z

So they are out there for sure ;)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts