Feedback Needed Vlog Nr. 3! And My Bike Broke :(

Elke0602

Cookie and coffee freak
Jun 7, 2017
Meise, Belgium
I ride a
Kymco CK1
Hi everyone!

Part 2 of my long-*ss vlog is up. Don't know if I will make a part 3, not much happening there.

2 weeks ago the chain came off my bike as it was too loose. Luckily, I wasn't driving very fast so there was no internal damage, I came to a stop right away.
I did get really pissed tho, cuz I had been trying to get maintenance in the garage where I bought it, but the guy was full for weeks. Anyway, by getting pissed and being a noob and all that, I got off the bike without putting my stand and dropped her.
My GF had it all on cam, it's too hard for me to watch :confused:
The right mirror broke off and she has some scratches on that side, but aside from that, she's driving like a charm after I fixed the chain tension myself ;)

Because of the mirror being "fixed" with tape I don't want to vlog right now. A new one is ordered and should arrive on friday. The weather has been crap as well, so it's not that big of a deal :)
I still have some footage to edit but as soon as my little "trottinette" is back to health, I'm back with lots more!

Also: There might be a new addition to our 2-wheeled family soon ;)
Stay tuned!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
wowzers, your bike must have been horrid to ride if the chain was loose enough to come off.... lucky no damage, could have written off your wheel/swingarm/engine had that been worse. Well done for adjusting it yourself though, I think it is essential that people are able to carry out the basics when owning not just bikes, but cars too. :)

Reactions: Elke0602

Elke0602

Cookie and coffee freak
Jun 7, 2017
Meise, Belgium
I ride a
Kymco CK1
wowzers, your bike must have been horrid to ride if the chain was loose enough to come off.... lucky no damage, could have written off your wheel/swingarm/engine had that been worse. Well done for adjusting it yourself though, I think it is essential that people are able to carry out the basics when owning not just bikes, but cars too. :)
Yeah it was.... Regularly jumped a gear.
After the fall I got so sick of my garage guy having such a waiting list I decided to educate myself on fixing my own bike.

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Hey, I would discourage using high pressure to wash a bike. The seals don't like it.

o-ANTARCTIC-FUR-SEALS-facebook.jpg

I watched a couple of my past bikes roll off the Kickstand. It is a terrible feeling indeed.

Reactions: Garthox

Elke0602

Cookie and coffee freak
Jun 7, 2017
Meise, Belgium
I ride a
Kymco CK1
Hey, I would discourage using high pressure to wash a bike. The seals don't like it.

o-ANTARCTIC-FUR-SEALS-facebook.jpg

I watched a couple of my past bikes roll off the Kickstand. It is a terrible feeling indeed.
We haven’t found a “bikewash” fit to our high standards yet.
There is a special one about half an hour away that has low pressure water thingies and special bike-soap lances, but we don’t quite see the point in driving that boring road just for washing the bikes and having it all dirty again on the way back home.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
We haven’t found a “bikewash” fit to our high standards yet.
There is a special one about half an hour away that has low pressure water thingies and special bike-soap lances, but we don’t quite see the point in driving that boring road just for washing the bikes and having it all dirty again on the way back home.

I understand. My fellow riders give me a ribbing because there is only one spot on my bike I watch to get dirty. Once it is dirty, then I will give the bike a good wash.

The spot is the front of the right side muffler. I have tons more riding time using that standard!

Elke0602

Cookie and coffee freak
Jun 7, 2017
Meise, Belgium
I ride a
Kymco CK1
I understand. My fellow riders give me a ribbing because there is only one spot on my bike I watch to get dirty. Once it is dirty, then I will give the bike a good wash.

The spot is the front of the right side muffler. I have tons more riding time using that standard!
I have to say mine is terrible to watch at the moment :s it’s decorated with tape and just plain disgusting.
We just bought a Muc-Off Motorcycle Essentials kit. It requires some elbow grease, but if my bike is sparkling clean after that I can stop my bikewash search and just keep using these products. They are affordable so why not!

Reactions: R-Rated

mcpro

Wannabie Member
May 31, 2017
I ride a
CBR1000RR Honda Fireblade
Sorry to hear about your bike, that must have really pissed you of no end. Either way glad you were ok it sounded like it could have been much worse. What's your channel ill go check it out.

Mcprocrastinator

Cheers

mcpro

Wannabie Member
May 31, 2017
I ride a
CBR1000RR Honda Fireblade
Sorry to hear about your bike, that must have really pissed you of no end. Either way glad you were ok it sounded like it could have been much worse. What's your channel ill go check it out.

Mcprocrastinator

Cheers
Ignore that I got the url from above

Elke0602

Cookie and coffee freak
Jun 7, 2017
Meise, Belgium
I ride a
Kymco CK1
Ignore that I got the url from above
No worries ;)

It could have been much worse if I was driving a lot faster yes. The terrible road filled with bumps and holes was a part in why the chain "jumped" off, but it also kept my speed low.
I've actively avoided that road ever since :D

Reactions: mcpro

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts