Video Flagging: How Does It Work?

myles

Wannabie Member
Apr 8, 2015
I ride a
kawasaki gpz 500
my vid got flagged last night, took it down and now im changing the music to youtube free audio library. its not the same but there are some pretty decent tunes on there that you can work with!

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Be careful because the YouTube library changes and not every song is free forever.

myles

Wannabie Member
Apr 8, 2015
I ride a
kawasaki gpz 500
so what happens if you have a vid up that is free now and then the library changes and its no longer free? will it get flagged?

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Royalty free should remain royalty free, there's a CC 3.0 on that.. You can't just claim royalty free today and then say it's not the next. But yes, I did use Breathtaking Beats before for a while then suddenly they (or their new management/rep) started making claims and stuff.. No biggie, just opt to remove the audio, sure the video is mute but no way I'm letting you claim on something you gave for free and suddenly want a claim on.

Reactions: kuhlka

Goatfather

Wannabie Member
Apr 24, 2015
Reno, NV
I ride a
2014 Kawasaki ZX6R
Thought i'd chime in since I didn't see anyone answer this part...

Digital Files like Audio, digital photo's things like that. All have a lot of data within them aka "metadata" and other fancy words.
So if you take an audio file, and say cut it in half in a video editor, and put it anywhere in your video, the "ID" for the file itself is still their, and easily found via the auto scanner.

Think of it like serial numbers.

kuhlka

Wannabie Member
Jul 7, 2014
SoCal OC
youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red, 2007 Ducati 1098
Thought i'd chime in since I didn't see anyone answer this part...

Digital Files like Audio, digital photo's things like that. All have a lot of data within them aka "metadata" and other fancy words.
So if you take an audio file, and say cut it in half in a video editor, and put it anywhere in your video, the "ID" for the file itself is still their, and easily found via the auto scanner.

Think of it like serial numbers.

Eh? Are you talking about the waveform of the audio clip? I'm pretty sure that's how they detect music, not using part of a specific file. 1's and 0's would be different across MP3, WMA, etc but the waveform of the audio would be a 'close enough' approximation for them to detect part of a song being played.

This is why you should always get written consent before using someone's music. They can't argue much in court if you have an email trail proving they gave you permission and never wrote again to rescind it.

Goatfather

Wannabie Member
Apr 24, 2015
Reno, NV
I ride a
2014 Kawasaki ZX6R
I'm not a computer guru, nor do I even attempt to pretend I am.

Youtube claims they detect via file ids. what that means in the technical world is up for debate.

kuhlka

Wannabie Member
Jul 7, 2014
SoCal OC
youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red, 2007 Ducati 1098
I'm not a computer guru, nor do I even attempt to pretend I am.

Youtube claims they detect via file ids. what that means in the technical world is up for debate.

Yeah, they're probably detecting the waveform in the audio. Video would be much harder for them to detect if you're only using a short clip and it only took up a small fraction of the screen. Same with audio. So long as it's <25% volume and there's lots of other audio going on, it's hard to pick up. I know various people who've had their videos tagged simply for having music playing on their car stereo or a home stereo on low. I've done the same, but the volume is turned down so low they haven't detected and flagged it, not that viewers can really jam out to something they can barely hear.

This is why I bought a copy of FL Studio and have been working on making my own music both as a hobby and as something I might get into professionally down the road.

Reactions: Goatfather

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts