That Feeling When You Pass Superballs On The Post-count List

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
So basically you're saying there's a bunch of fair weather riders?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
@R-Rated Hey doing well! Thanks for asking! Yeah I've been out of the biz for a bit I guess. Work picked up again after August ended and I'm also studying for a couple tests that will determine my future career so YT and MVing have been put on the back-burner for a bit. Planning to make a video this weekend though! @lupin don't jump to conclusions so quickly mate ;) I'm realistic about this hobby, which is why I'm not pursuing it over real things in my life

I'm glad to hear from you. I was wonder if maybe either the typhoon or the aerosol had taken you out of the video game.

Here is a challenge for you if you can get the info. Honda is supposed to unveil something new is a few weeks and the popular opinion is it will be the Gold Wing line.

I am hopeful you can possibly do some light digging and get some info the other folks don't have.

Reactions: Toma Rider

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
Stumbled back over to this thread and made me wonder if @Superballs and @Toma Rider are OK.

They both seem very quiet in the last few weeks.

Same for @ShiftHer and a few others I enjoy hearing from...

Hey R-Rated, and everyone else. Saw the notification email and thought I would pop in.

As mentioned in another thread, there has been some major life changes for me, mainly career-wise. I've left an 11 year IT career and started an apprenticeship for toolmaking.

Suffice it to say, I've simply been exhausted and my internet activity has been mainly Youtube consumption, not even much in the way of production. During the evaluation period for the apprenticeship, all candidates have been subjected to general labor positions, and my competetion have been mainly kids in their early 20s.

Suffice it to say, I've shown 'em all "what's up" and I've not only been accepted into the apprenticeship, but am the leading candidate. This has been quite a change from sitting in a chair all day, and physically speaking, has actually been tougher than I like to admit, but I'm adjusting.

I received my cable that allows me to charge my camera while using an external mic and went to fire up my camera to test it out, and found that my camera does not power on, nor will it charge. I think it got wrecked when I lost my top luggage keys, and when retracing my "steps" back to work to look for them, I got caught in a downpour, and my camera was only in the skeleton case.

I do have some of my work transistion documented, but not really sure if I will be making anything from it. A lot of my recorded videos were time sensitive (or sunny bear related) so aren't very relevant. I might do some pinball videos if I can find the energy and maybe some off-bike stuff until I can convice my wife to let me buy a replacement camera.

My landlords also recently told us they are selling the house, so, with our baby's impending and rapidly approaching 0th birthday, we are also looking for a new place in a market where rents are double what I'm paying currently, or to purchase, but in our aggressive efforts to take care of some personal debts in an expedited fashion, we are short a down payment.

TLDR: Life has been a little crazy for me, but I'm ok and my family is ok. I'll be around a bit more in the near future, whether I'm vlogging or not.

PS: I guarantee that I had THE MOST EPIC sunny bear dance (SBD for short) ever, so it's kind of a shame I never got any of my videos for that edited on time.

Thanks for the shout out, miss you all.

Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
hey dude, life happens, so don't sweat that stuff. Congrats on doing well on your apprenticeship, is tough starting all fresh when you aren't 18 no more.
Nothing stopping you posting your Sunny Bear Dance, just for shits and giggles! ;-)

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
@Superballs glad to hear about the apprenticeship and the baby. Hate to hear about the landlord and the camera.

What if you remixed your Sunny Bear footage into just raking about those topics? You could edit out anything about the competition and just make it a general interest issue?

Reactions: Superballs

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Been lovely weather down south the last few days mate, but I've been able to go play while you've probs been working. Is tough when you have to fit the time in around shifts etc. My only suggestion would be to get some ideas together while you are grounded and then plan them out. Once you are able to ride, you should have a wedge of topics or ideas you can vlog and coz you'll have nice weather for once you'll be enthusiastic and enjoy the moments more. No point forcing it! :)

I hear that and appreciate it but sadly there wont be any enthusiasm for a while. After yesterdays occurings at Merley on the A31, i wont be motovlogging for a while
emoji_f09f98a2.png
. I need some time away which i'm sure you all can respect thoroughly. I will still float around the forum though and try keep up with y'all.

Also R-Rated, you could just buy a wrap kit off the net, It will be a lot easier than spraying and cheaper! Plus its overall after effect would be much more highquality than spraying. And theres numerous tips and tuts on youtube already for helmets regarding this technique. Unless you're referring to airbrushing, which sadly is not my forte. But if you choose to spray i could give you some pointers. Either way would make an awesome vlog ;)

Anyways all, ride safe and take it easy!

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I hear that and appreciate it but sadly there wont be any enthusiasm for a while. After yesterdays occurings at Merley on the A31, i wont be motovlogging for a while
emoji_f09f98a2.png
. I need some time away which i'm sure you all can respect thoroughly. I will still float around the forum though and try keep up with y'all.

Also R-Rated, you could just buy a wrap kit off the net, It will be a lot easier than spraying and cheaper! Plus its overall after effect would be much more highquality than spraying. And theres numerous tips and tuts on youtube already for helmets regarding this technique. Unless you're referring to airbrushing, which sadly is not my forte. But if you choose to spray i could give you some pointers. Either way would make an awesome vlog ;)

Anyways all, ride safe and take it easy!

Cool idea about the wrap kit! I never thought about that.

Reactions: 2WV

Toma Rider

Hailing from Japan
Jun 7, 2017
Miyazaki Japan
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 400R
I'm glad to hear from you. I was wonder if maybe either the typhoon or the aerosol had taken you out of the video game.

Here is a challenge for you if you can get the info. Honda is supposed to unveil something new is a few weeks and the popular opinion is it will be the Gold Wing line.

I am hopeful you can possibly do some light digging and get some info the other folks don't have.
Hahaha nope dodged those two bullets! And yeah I'll try to find some info for you!

@Superballs congrats on your career change! I'm in the process of preparing for my own so I feel ya!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts