Smaller Bikes

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
If I see a small bike, such as Scooter, next thought is, pizza delivery or similar? Because these guys aren't really bikers plus don't follow the rules and etiquettes of bikers either... weaving all over the road, using pavements, sidewalks, the lot.... best give them a wide berth. :(

Then there's commuters, on the scooters etc, who are a little more bike savvy, and show a little more control and appreciation (plus in these cases they own the bike, unlike the pizza delivery guys). But they wont give you a nod or anything, as bikers do, so I don't bother giving a friendly wave any more.

Anyone on something larger and I automatically assume a seasoned biker.
I will always acknowledge a rider on a "big" bike. :)

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
a bike is a bike in my mind. You are willing to take the risk of driving without a cage, and that makes you OK in my book.

Same here.

In fact, I have a friend that went from scooter to big bike and they said cagers tried more intimidation tactics when my friend rides their scooter.

Jibbs

Wannabie Member
Sep 21, 2016
I ride a
'14 Ducati Hyperstrada
I usually see them as someone spending alot less money on gas than me....

I love 250s, they're so much fun to throw around and you can actually wring the bike out legally on the street, so no judgement here

MotoMisc

Move along, nothing to see here!
Sep 16, 2016
I ride a
Cbr 954, cbr f4 stuntbike, fiddy =)
I bought a fiddy 110cc to commute within my garage when bored :)

DanielJ

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2016
I ride a
Ninja ZX6R.
In fact, I have a friend that went from scooter to big bike and they said cagers tried more intimidation tactics when my friend rides their scooter.

I was riding my "big bike" yesterday, commuting home from work. On a dual carriageway section, with traffic stopped in both lanes (on my side), the vehicles all just parted, as I filtered down the middle (bit like what happens when an emergency vehicle is coming up behind).... I felt quite humbled, but the loud exhaust was probably the first thing that startled them.... well it IS a Sports bike after all. :D

Most often cars tend to see you approaching behind and give you extra room, to come past (especially when they observe you coming up faster than them), but there will always be a few who close that gap, trying NOT to offer you the advantage.

Chandrajit

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
Kolkata, India
OneLivingLife.in
I ride a
Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Hi guys.

I've been wondering this for a while now and only got through to actually posting this now.

This might sound stupid, but do guys on bigger bikes see guys on smaller bikes as bikers, or just commuters?

With smaller bikes I mean in and around 150cc - 250cc.

Thanks.

I know that this question is for guys with big motorcycles but still thought of giving my view on it.

Small or big, its the passion and zeal for riding that designates one as a motorcyclist.

I have seen persons having big motorcycles, have never ridden them on tracks or toured on them (clocked less than 10k kms even after 2 years) but have only displayed them at Auto Exos and all. And, probably that gives them the authority to speak on "Motorcycles" $$$

I have also known persons who have owned small bikes like a Honda Navi and yet have ridden the same cross country.

My respect is first for the person and then the machine. So, it shouldn't matter even if anyone looks upon you as a commuter or anything!! Keep your passion strong. A proper biker would never look down upon any set of 2 wheels.

DFG

Dat Foreign Guy
Dec 26, 2016
North Carolina
I ride a
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa
I salute anyone on two wheels.

My friends make fun of me for chuckin the deuce at scooters lol.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I love little bikes, the last bike I sold had 1000cc less than my previous Ducati but was sooooooo much more fun to ride and mess around on! :D

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Two wheels are two wheels, and I’ll happily give the two finger salute to any riders I see. I like motorcycles, earned my license on one, but I much prefer scooters. Motorcycles generally don’t give me what I need. With a scooter I tend to get better gas mileage, better storage, insurance and ease of use. I’ve taken my scooter from Philly to Canada and back documenting the trip on my helmet cam and GoPro cameras.

I only have problem with bad riders and drivers, but that’s the life and challenge of any rider.

- Wuf

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Scooter are legally and technically motorcycles. They have automatic transmission, step through design and brakes on the left and right control bars. For the most part, except for going off-road. there’s nothing a motorcycle can do that a scooter can’t. I get better storage, gas millage, insurance rates and ease of use compared to most motorcycle. I’ve nothing against MCs, they just don’t give me what I need.

-Wuf

Reactions: HippoDrone

2WL

Dan & lurch are inspiring
Dec 17, 2016
South West
I ride a
Suzuki GSR750
I don't disagree with any of your points :)

For me I don't ride purely because its the most economically or easy thing to do. I ride because I intrinsically love 2 wheels. each ot their own tho man! :)

Reactions: scooterwuf

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
In many cases it’s almost the opposite in the states, where MC riders won’t always acknowledge a scooter rider. Not sure if you guys have the two finger salute in the UK, but it’s a way to show camaraderie among riders here.

A lot of scooter riders are MC riders and some have both. Scooters are great on the twisties as they are more stable in the curves, and it depends on what class of scooter you have -- Classic, Sport or Maxi. I’ve owned the last two and my current bike gets 70 mpg and can do 90 mph/145 kph. A number of scooterist are long distance endurance riders, racers and adventure riders as well.

2WL

Dan & lurch are inspiring
Dec 17, 2016
South West
I ride a
Suzuki GSR750
EDcase "I'm going to be totally honest and say that naturally I do feel a bit superior to smaller bike riders but suppress that feeling" - So honest and so true haha Your one of the few I think who will admit to feeling a bit superior but your right in reality some of these guys on the 300's are fast as fuck - or for that matter the old 2 stroke 125's like the aprillia RS

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts