Share A Noobie Vlogging Tip!!

FastAfter50

Wannabie Member
May 8, 2018
I ride a
BMW S1000R
Its a public speaking tip. Unless you are a racing fast talker, we tend to bore people with a slow cadence. The higher pitch makes you more engaging and on a bike has the added advantage of helping your voice cut through. My channel is fastoverfifty if you want to check it out (not saying i am anything other than a newb, but I have done some public speaking), you can hear me consciously doing that in my vids.

Reactions: Baldbiker

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Interesting. I would have always thought, that speaking slower, in a noisy environment, would make your words more understandable

MotoCafe

YouTube/MotoCafeRacer
Aug 9, 2016
Columbus Ohio
I ride a
1971 Honda CB750, 2014 Triumph Thruxton 900
Interesting idea. I’ll take a look at some of your vids to see what you’re talking about.

FastAfter50

Wannabie Member
May 8, 2018
I ride a
BMW S1000R
Check it out and let me know. Of course speed of speech depends on how fast you normally speak.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
My simple tip is watch your video from start to finish before you upload it.

Few times I rushed it and missed a simple edit...
100% I've posted stuff with errors and only noticed after deleting the raw footage so couldn't fix it. I ALWAYS now watch my rendered vid before putting it on the tube of ewes! :)

Reactions: Pooley and MotoCafe

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Have fun!

I literally vlog as a diary and as a hobby as do most people.

I like doing it and gives me something to learn in my spare time like editing, adding sound, playing with video and enhancing it.

All tools I could use in the future!

Pretty awesome really :D

Reactions: HippoDrone

Leaky

Wannabie Member
Sep 2, 2018
I ride a
2003 CBR F4I
I'll keep this simple but I want to build a list of vlogging tips for the noobs!

As you may have guessed, I see more vlogs than most people because of this site and this is my biggest tip and most people still do it!

Don't name your channel after the brand of your bike!!!

Most people chop and change, we crash, stolen, sell and most don't every get the same bike again. Here, I will change your username but on places like Youtube, you can't change custom URLS etc

You could then lose followers and all sorts as your channel name turns into something completely unrelated

Post your tip below

Don't get nervous when you are talking.... you are not talking directly to youtube. You can mess up and start over.... that's what editing is for. Make sure that your riding is first and foremost....don't let the talking be a distraction

EtalesVlog

e-Tales Travel Vlog
Oct 6, 2018
Greece
www.facebook.com
I ride a
YS125
Take the time to make sure your camera is level so that your horizon line will be straight and not at a canted or Dutch angle. You can fix this is post, but it may eliminate some of your coverage.

- Wolf
i used for the first time my camera without having tried it before ( never before) while i was touring around a greek island. I used the camera with a chest mount which moved a bit and the final result i got was a bit diagonal...but it is great i think!!! it gives another perspective! what is your opinion??
IMG_20170109_161200_0161.JPG

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Cool pic!

The Dutch, or canted angle will always imply motion, a sense of falling or disorientation that pairs well with riding. For fast paced riding, or editing it’s a good choice. If the rider is speaking in a more narrative or calm manner it may work against it, but it just depends on what’s being said.

- Wolf

Reactions: EtalesVlog

EtalesVlog

e-Tales Travel Vlog
Oct 6, 2018
Greece
www.facebook.com
I ride a
YS125
Cool pic!

The Dutch, or canted angle will always imply motion, a sense of falling or disorientation that pairs well with riding. For fast paced riding, or editing it’s a good choice. If the rider is speaking in a more narrative or calm manner it may work against it, but it just depends on what’s being said.

- Wolf
thank you scooterwuf! actually since i never tested the camera before it was set in pics+ video setting so it automatically took pics and video at the same time!! luckily had some footage from my first video attempt and my first motovlog was possible!!! :)

Reactions: scooterwuf

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I've been there before. I thought I was shooting some time-lapse footage whenI had my camera set to real time. Ate up a lot of battery and SD card memory for something that was pretty mundane to look at.

Glad you were able to use your footage.

- Wolf

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
You will need good sound and can get it for 40$ or less in most cases

tom650

Wannabie Member
Dec 25, 2018
I ride a
DR650
This probably won't help anyone but just in case...

Make vlogs for yourself.

By that I mean, don't worry what other people will think of them. Just do it to record your journey or thoughts so you can keep them for when you are old and want to re-live this great time.

You will either get interest from others or not. It doesn't matter at the end of the day because you will always have the videos to enjoy later.

(If you want to be rich and famous then don't do motovlogs)

Priceless !

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Using multiple cameras give the ability to cut out boring bits where you are not talking, or cut into bits where you are yet retain the helmet footage of beautiful scenery or a nice set of corners! :)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts