Share A Noobie Vlogging Tip!!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Here's a tip or two I'd like..

How do I know what music I can use on my videos? What is public domain or whatever it's called?
Same goes for logos. What graphics can I use? I am in no way artistic but I can take my way around basic stuff.

Also, I guess this is three, free graphic / picture editing programs so I can make a logo.
YouTube has an audio library you can use for music, and even sound effects. Some editing software also has music you can use for free too.
Not sure what you mean by logos/graphics?
The GIMP is a free editing program which is really quite cool. I use it to make .png images etc and to help with thumbnails etc.

Reactions: themagpie

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider

How do I know what music I can use on my videos? What is public domain or whatever it's called?
Same goes for logos. What graphics can I use? I am in no way artistic but I can take my way around basic stuff.

Also, I guess this is three, free graphic / picture editing programs so I can make a logo.
There's a YouTube copyright checker thing, also freemusicarchive.org :)

For free photo editing, The GIMP is usually to go to. I hate it though, mainly because i'm trained in Photoshop so doing things take way too long for me compared to what i'm used to

Meifesto

L Plate Member
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R

There are also copyright-free music channels on youtube that you can browse.
Works great ;)

Reactions: HippoDrone

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Don't name your channel after the brand of your bike!!!
When I was mulling over what to call my new motovlog channel I almost did this. I really wanted to go with "Goldwing Mengy" or "Winged Mengy". I'm now very glad I didn't. Not that I have any plans to buy a different bike anytime soon, but I do love not being tied to my Wing forever if I DO decide to mix it up.

I've been making motovlogs for almost two months now, and I'd have to say my #1 tip I'd offer to anyone else starting out motovlogging is this:

Ease into it.

Don't try to do too much at the start. Don't try to make Steven Spielberg quality videos right away. Keep it simple while you are learning the ropes because there is so much to learn at the outset. Filming, editing, how youtube works, planning ahead, talking and thinking while riding, shot compositing, B-roll footage. Just start making vlogs and gradually expand your knowledge as you do it. It's going to take time, but as you make more vids and learn more things you will see a gradual improvement. Simply don't rush it, let it evolve naturally.

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
Ease into it.

Don't try to do too much at the start. Don't try to make Steven Spielberg quality videos right away. Keep it simple while you are learning the ropes because there is so much to learn at the outset. Filming, editing, how youtube works, planning ahead, talking and thinking while riding, shot compositing, B-roll footage. Just start making vlogs and gradually expand your knowledge as you do it. It's going to take time, but as you make more vids and learn more things you will see a gradual improvement. Simply don't rush it, let it evolve naturally.
But that's what I enjoy the most! Really proud of some of my editing!!

Seeing as your a bit older than most of us Mengy, you might enjoy the intro to my Deauvlog #13... you might get the reference ;)

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Seeing as your a bit older than most of us Mengy, you might enjoy the intro to my Deauvlog #13... you might get the reference ;)
Was that the one with the Chips intro?

Yeah, I used to watch that all the time, man I am old!!!!

Meifesto

L Plate Member
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Make sure you press record xD

Missed 45 min on the Vstrom today >.<

I do have enough, but it is somewhat stupid of me :eek: and a shame to miss that part.

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Hey guys, will add some of my seemingly good action items here if that works. If anyone notices anything I could also improve, then great; otherwise, hoping this can help others so they don't reinvent the wheel that I've gone down.

Three things from today -

1. Created YouTube playlists for my two series -
1590377880598.png

If you go into Playlist Settings > Advanced Settings, you can set it as an official series:
1590377947922.png

If you click the "Auto add" tab, you can also add videos based on titles:
1590377979744.png

2. Applied End Screens to my next video in the above series -
1590378093468.png

* I also saw a video that recommended motion blurring the end of your video so the End Screen gets the focus.

3. Downloaded music from the free YouTube Audio Library -
1590378141965.png

* I read about this and found it at the bottom of the YouTube Studio options; super handy extra music to use.

I'm still fiddling with recording/compressing for VP09 YouTube encoding settings and general quality. Will share my learnings there soon.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video