Share A Noobie Vlogging Tip!!

CDA441

Red Viffer VTEC!
Apr 15, 2016
Belgium
cda441.wordpress.com
I ride a
'04 Honda VFR800 VTEC
I have 1 500gb drive and have to wipe it every other 2 months. That will change because now that I have 2 cameras. Still thinking on getting a cheap 2 tb drive, but now 500gb will suffice.

Joey Repo

Wannabie Member
Jul 19, 2017
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki zx14r
All is very informative info. Definitely will implement in my future videos

Reactions: Baldbiker

CDA441

Red Viffer VTEC!
Apr 15, 2016
Belgium
cda441.wordpress.com
I ride a
'04 Honda VFR800 VTEC
New tip: Invest in a good SD card, because you'll run out of space once in a while.

For example: I went on a 4 hour trip with my dad, and both of my 32 and 16 gb cards were full, and both cameras were dead within 2 hours.

Just bought a 128gb one to get more video space.
And for gods sake get a powerbank or extra batteries for your camera when you're going out on a long trip :)

Reactions: Joey Repo

Panotaker

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Austin, Texas
I ride a
2008 Yamaha FJR-1300
I'm a beginner motoblogger, so I'm not really an expert on giving advise, but after watching everybody else's videos trying to learn, the best advise I can give is, make sure you have nice clean loud audio. Anybody can mount a camera on their helmet and get nice video, but getting nice clean and loud voice audio, without too much wind noise, and without getting too much exhaust noise, is probably the hardest part about the hardware part of motovlogging. So don't even put up a video until you have the audio problem solved.

Reactions: Baldbiker

Punekar

Wannabie Member
Jan 27, 2018
I ride a
Bullet 350c
I'll keep this simple but I want to build a list of vlogging tips for the noobs!

As you may have guessed, I see more vlogs than most people because of this site and this is my biggest tip and most people still do it!

Don't name your channel after the brand of your bike!!!

Most people chop and change, we crash, stolen, sell and most don't every get the same bike again. Here, I will change your username but on places like Youtube, you can't change custom URLS etc

You could then lose followers and all sorts as your channel name turns into something completely unrelated

Post your tip below
You r correct

Edit # Dan don’t spam

Last edited by a moderator:

RoninK6

Rogue Samurai
May 14, 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.A.
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600K6
If you vlog... even if you vlog, have a very diverse channel with unusual stuff in it. Having other stuff my turn off some diehard motovloggers, but will pull others in. At the same time, if you keep yourself mysterious - where you don't really reveal who you are - keeping details vague, then the more pull you get from everyone :) . Just my two cents ;) ~

Reactions: Pooley

RuckinScot

Scooter vlogger
Mar 28, 2018
Okinawa, Japan
I ride a
Honda Ruckus
I’m new to this as well, but here are some things I learned.

Watch your own videos. I mean this in two different ways. Finish editing and watch it. Then watch it again before you upload it. It’s good to go as far as saying finish editing one day and upload the next day, but watch it again. You’ll find mistakes or something you want to add or take out.

Also after you’ve uploaded your videos go back after a bit and watch it. You’re constantly learning so you’ll see parts of your video that will even make you cringe. This is good. You’re learning and you’ll know what not to do next time.

Also if you’re new have a topic but don’t have a precise plan or “script.” This is a bit opposite of what others suggested. The reason I say this though is you’ll try to hard and your video sounds like you’re reading a newspaper outloud. You emphasize a lot more when you kinda just wing it.

My last point. Over emphasize. Seriously I think you guys are on to something when you say negativity spreads like a disease, but it goes both ways. If you’re hype and excited everyone can hear, see and even feel that. That’ll put others in a good mood. Walterrific is one of my favorites. His content is ok at best, but he’s always in a good mood and puts me in a better mood. If you can do the same people will keep coming for more.

Ok I lied. One more... teach people something. No matter how big or how small someone can learn something. Show them something new. Maybe you can tell them something about bikes, about your city. I vlog in japan and I show people new stuff. Getting gas, the convienent stores etc. show them what makes your place better or different.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've made the mistake of not proof watching vids, and somewhere they have had a glitch in the matrix and messed up the edit. and again I agree about having positive energy on content, folk don't really want to watch or listen to folks whinging too much. I have also been guilty of this on some vids about my KTM

RuckinScot

Scooter vlogger
Mar 28, 2018
Okinawa, Japan
I ride a
Honda Ruckus
I've made the mistake of not proof watching vids, and somewhere they have had a glitch in the matrix and messed up the edit. and again I agree about having positive energy on content, folk don't really want to watch or listen to folks whinging too much. I have also been guilty of this on some vids about my KTM
Yup, one time I accidentally moved my music to the right. So I was filming bikes at a show and it was dead silent. Cut to me talking after the show and music is blaring over me :/.

Occasionally going off on a rant is ok. If I rant about something I try to make it funny. So at least people are laughing about me being pissed off. At least my hope is their laughing and thinking “he’s got a point though.”

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
haha, yeah, I am not sure everyone gets my sense of humour but it is always better to have folk laugh with you than at you! :D

Reactions: RuckinScot

AridRider

Wannabie Member
May 4, 2018
Arizona
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR500RA
I recently started riding & motovlogging my experience so feel free to take this with a grain of salt...

1. Be Yourself. Motovloggers all seem to have their own iconic persona they embody as soon as the cameras are on - follow in kind.
  2. Get Equipment. It took weeks for me to settle on what camera/microphone/mounts would be best for my purposes. Define your own needs, do the research, and execute!
  3. Brand Yourself. This one I feel we all constantly need to work on - social media is a vast cavern of dungeons, winding staircases - a labyrinth within a labyrinth. Claim your brand on all the major outlets such as YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
This list isn't inclusive but based on my own work with motovlogging I'd say it's a fair start. Enjoy riding & above all - stay safe & have fun!!!

TSR

TheSurreyRider
May 3, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson Nightster
I've found that Amazon prime membership is great as it also includes unlimited photo and video storage, great for backing up endless hours of videos. (This is true for UK prime membership anyway, not sure about other countries).

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
This is coming from a different direction, and may seem like nothing, but make sure your mirrors, dashboard and windshield are clean before vlogging. It's a pet-peeve of mine when I watch my footage and see they're dirty.

Make sure your camera angle (especially for a helmet-cam) is good, along with your mic levels, and you're recording at the right setting -- 30 or 60 fps, for the right lighting conditions. I know, the basic, but don't assume you're equipment is set right before riding. It can make the difference between great footage and crap.

- Wuf

Reactions: MotoCafe

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Make sure your camera angle (especially for a helmet-cam) is good, along with your mic levels
- Wuf

I used to make a point of checking the angle with the app, but now my Hero3 is getting old and I can't connect for some reason. Now I have to guess and half the time it's usable. If you can't check the angle in advance, make sure to find a good angle and mark it on your mount in such a way that you can find the exact rotation of each joint every time.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I just use dedicated mount, that I don't use anywhere else. I have one joint, that fixes the angle, and another one, that I can release to take the camera out of its housing, when I need to charge or transfer data. Later I just put the camera back in, pull it back, until the movable joint is at maximum angle, and screw it tight again. So I always have the same angle.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts