Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I can but it would take far too much time to go through it all.
Why not ask your friends if they mind you posting it without covering up their plates, if they do mind, tell them on future rides you are recording they will need to tone down their riding if they have a problem with it going on YouTube!

CBRHoonigan

#1 Hoonigan
Apr 20, 2014
West yorkshire uk
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Anything with 2 wheels, ride it like you stole it.
Why not ask your friends if they mind you posting it without covering up their plates, if they do mind, tell them on future rides you are recording they will need to tone down their riding if they have a problem with it going on YouTube!
just dont fancy getting them any points for something, especially these days where you can be charged with anything they imagine.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
TBH, this is why I tend to either ride on my own, or with other motovloggers when I am recording. We have a responsibility to those watching to set some kind of example. Not saying folk can't have any fun, just that there is a time and a place for it. Trackdays for silly speeds, closed carparks or offroad for stunts etc.

Reactions: RideOnTwo

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Special Edition
Should definitely see if you can blur them out in your editing software

I do this, and this makes me eat up the time i would spend making fun edits, and spend it on covering up license plates. Also it makes a fun vlog that i can edit in a day to a vlog that i am editing for weeks because of covering up faces, and numberplates. There has to be a way to automate this to a point.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I do this, and this makes me eat up the time i would spend making fun edits, and spend it on covering up license plates. Also it makes a fun vlog that i can edit in a day to a vlog that i am editing for weeks because of covering up faces, and numberplates. There has to be a way to automate this to a point.
There are ways to automate blurring of plates, but it'll cost you. I looked into doing this with AWS Video services and its definitely possible, but would require time and money to get setup and working well.

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
There are ways to automate blurring of plates, but it'll cost you. I looked into doing this with AWS Video services and its definitely possible, but would require time and money to get setup and working well.
How much would it cost? I used a plugin in Sony Vegas that tracks a point you choose. But it is so eager to crash that it's faster to do it by hand.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I just tried it and it works for me. Don't know why Wheely couldnt use it. Use the classic editor, put square on cars license plate and it was there till the car was gone

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I just tried it and it works for me. Don't know why Wheely couldnt use it. Use the classic editor, put square on cars license plate and it was there till the car was gone
Let us know what browser you used? I tried Chrome and Firefox at the time and when I clicked on the video to place the blur, it just played or paused the video.

• Sad
Reactions: RideOnTwo

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Let us know what browser you used? I tried Chrome and Firefox at the time and when I clicked on the video to place the blur, it just played or paused the video.
I use Chrome, I also used the old creator studio not the beta
Click on edit next to custom blur
watch the video it opens and stop the video when you want to blur something and click on the thing you want to blur, it opens a box that you can size and put where you need it. The software will stick it to the thing you put it on and leave it there. You can also move the slider to make it go away sooner or last longer.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Premiere does a decent job at tracking masks. Oftentimes you don't even need to go into After Effects.

I hate having to pixelate numberplates or faces. Usually I'll pixelate my numberplates or speedo, but I don't do that on my mates' bikes. If they ass get busted I ain even mad yo.

jk, but they don't mind showing their numberplates when they show up on my vlog

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
I use Chrome, I also used the old creator studio not the beta
Click on edit next to custom blur
watch the video it opens and stop the video when you want to blur something and click on the thing you want to blur, it opens a box that you can size and put where you need it. The software will stick it to the thing you put it on and leave it there. You can also move the slider to make it go away sooner or last longer.
I'm going to try this

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
I did and it sucked, it kept going off track, and editing it in the youtube browser sucks. It's probably good for long takes. but for a short take fast edited vlog it kinda sucks.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
just dont fancy getting them any points for something, especially these days where you can be charged with anything they imagine.

At least here it is very hard/impossible to get a fine based on an online video.
No real way to prove when it happened, who was riding it (and to a certain degree, where it happened).

So unless you go GhostRider apeshit, they don't spend their time on it.

Reactions: MotoGinji

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
At least here it is very hard/impossible to get a fine based on an online video.
No real way to prove when it happened, who was riding it (and to a certain degree, where it happened).

So unless you go GhostRider apeshit, they don't spend their time on it.
Not here in holland, if they see you on video you ride 170km/h and have your numberplate. They can just send the ticket to your home.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
In the UK a chap recently got 6 months in prison and his channel shut down... he was just a small motovlogger but obviously tipped the scales.... none of us are invincible.... only post stuff you are happy to be judged by! :)

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
My suggestion is, get familiar with how they judge the speed in the videos. Maybe it is not worth blurring the plates, but speedo instead. Should be easier. Also check if your software allows object tracking with blurring, should also make it a bit easier.
In the end, anyone can end up in someones dashcam and still get the fine.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts