MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Special Edition
Hey guys! New member here!
Normally when riding with my friends I edit out their numberplates (since in holland they can just send a ticket to your home trough your numberplate if they see you speeding in a video)

But how do you guys pixelate faces/ numberplates/ other stuff? ( I use Sony Vegas)
I normally just track it by hand but this is very time consuming! Do you guys do it by hand or track it with a software? I triend BorisFX but that is very crash sensitive.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I use Corel VideoStudio 2018, I don't like the editor very much though so I only use it if I need to do any tracking and masking.

Reactions: MotoGinji

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I havent found anything good and free for automatically blurring plates out. Have you tried the editor built into Youtube, I noticed the other day there is a option specifically for number plates.

Cyberlink Powerdirector and a few of the other major video editors have fairly good tracking built in.

Reactions: SweetTripl

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
I havent found anything good and free for automatically blurring plates out. Have you tried the editor built into Youtube, I noticed the other day there is a option specifically for number plates.

Cyberlink Powerdirector and a few of the other major video editors have fairly good tracking built in.

No i have never used the youtube blurring. Maybe i should test it out on my next vlog

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I didn't know YouTube had that... where is it hidden?

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
There is a whole editing program on youtube. You could film on your cell upload to youtube and edit the video there using the editor.

Go to Studio, open a video like your going to add tags or whatever, on the left the 3rd option down is editor, takes you to video editing, blue button on bottom of video/audio sliders "add blur" click and it open a new window where you can blur faces or custom blur and track.

Not sure how well it tracks as I have only used once.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
There is a whole editing program on youtube. You could film on your cell upload to youtube and edit the video there using the editor.

Go to Studio, open a video like your going to add tags or whatever, on the left the 3rd option down is editor, takes you to video editing, blue button on bottom of video/audio sliders "add blur" click and it open a new window where you can blur faces or custom blur and track.

Not sure how well it tracks as I have only used once.
Awesome stuff, thank you, had no idea that was available, may give it a try next time we get fruity and plates need some added discretion! :D

My only concern, with it would be that YouTube would hold an un-edited copy, so if the police decided to investigate, they may be able to remove the editing?

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
Awesome stuff, thank you, had no idea that was available, may give it a try next time we get fruity and plates need some added discretion! :D

My only concern, with it would be that YouTube would hold an un-edited copy, so if the police decided to investigate, they may be able to remove the editing?

That is an interesting thought. I wonder if youtube is allowed to do that. Or will even be bothered to do that

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Ah Im sorry for the late night post, its not specifically for number plates, its for faces.

I will test out the tracking though and let you guys know if its any good.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7

I think you'd have to be doing some serious stuff for the feds to bother though to be fair. Speaking from experience.

• Haha

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
The blurring inside Youtube studio just doesnt work. I've tried Firefox and Chrome and the blurring functionality doesnt even start.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I also forgot to mention the feaure is only in old youtube studio, not the new beta version. Which is missing so many features, its crazy.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS

I may be wrong but I dont think YouTube has another copy. When you use their editing there is no going back from my experience.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts