Noob On The Lose! Advice Needed

Rebel

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
I ride a
1982 gl500
Hi guys! Shout out from Oklahoma City!
New to the motovlog scene. Before we get too deep into this let me apologize for my phone it's new to me and I'm not used to the autocorrect and keyboard setup. so there's bound to be typos and such!

Now that that's out of the way let's get started!
First off I have yet to purchase anything so I'm working with pretty much a blank slate and an open book.

I think one of the most important things for me right now is having a good camera and audio quality I would like something that records both audio and video on one device. Instead of having to record video and audio separately and then having to go and overlap the two together.
Iv been eyeing the ion air pro 3

From what I have read basically all I need is an SD card and a wire fed Mic . Which is ideal for me because I don't like Bluetooth. Then I just need to figure out how I want to go about mounting it to my helmet.
What's everyone's thoughts on this capture device?
I'm also aware that there are going to be times where I will want to or need to edit my videos add or take away. What is the best editing software I can get. Something light weight that's not going to demand tons of power. I have a decent little laptop 6 gigs of RAM with Windows 10 and a quad-core processor. I've never really pushed it hard so I don't know what it can handle.

Of course I'm still googling and researching all my options and everything seems scattered from GoPro to drift. The ion air pro 3 hasn't been mentioned much in my search.
Also I'd like advice on a good mic.
Keep in mind I am new and am kinda gun shy on spending tons of money on something that may not work out for me!

Any advice. Thanks!

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Welcome. I passed through OKC on my way on Route 66 over the summer. You should do a motovlog on Pops.

Depends how much you want to layout as far as money goes. Gopro has refurbished cameras on their website sometimes. Plus they have free software and apps.

You can get a mic adapter for the cameras and use an inexpensive Sony mic from best buy. It will depend on your helmet and bike setup if wind noise is an issue.

It gets addicting though.

Reactions: Rebel

Rebel

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
I ride a
1982 gl500
Welcome. I passed through OKC on my way on Route 66 over the summer. You should do a motovlog on Pops.

Depends how much you want to layout as far as money goes. Gopro has refurbished cameras on their website sometimes. Plus they have free software and apps.

You can get a mic adapter for the cameras and use an inexpensive Sony mic from best buy. It will depend on your helmet and bike setup if wind noise is an issue.

It gets addicting though.
So they make go pro s with the option for plug in mics? Someone told me you have to have some kinda box to blue tooth to and then put everything together. What's a good go pro with a mic option ? Thanks bud?

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
So they make go pro s with the option for plug in mics? Someone told me you have to have some kinda box to blue tooth to and then put everything together. What's a good go pro with a mic option ? Thanks bud?

Again, it about money and what you want to do with the camera. For me, I find the Gopro Hero4 silver. It has a built in screen, can take battery back packs, and you can get the 3.5 mm adapter, just check out the website for all the possible accessories.

Rebel

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
I ride a
1982 gl500
Again, it about money and what you want to do with the camera. For me, I find the Gopro Hero4 silver. It has a built in screen, can take battery back packs, and you can get the 3.5 mm adapter, just check out the website for all the possible accessories.

That just seems way over complicated.....
You got to have an adapter to work a external mic. It seems like it's for the well off group of people that don't have a problem spending thousands of dollars on a camera.... by all means I'm not broke or poor or anything like that but I do watch my money spending. It seems like a waste to spend three four or even five hundred dollars on a device just to turn around and have to buy an adapter to get the full effect of what you want? Maybe I'm looking at it all the wrong way I don't know I have no problem spending $300 plus but don't want to end up with hundreds of dollars worth of adapters and ad one.

Rebel

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
I ride a
1982 gl500
The adapter is maybe 20 tops
I can live with that.
I'm looking at the.
HERO5 Session I like a lot about what I'm reading such as ability to auto upload to Cloud and such but it's the Little Info I want to know such as how do I get this device to work with an external mic. Does this device also have an adapter such as your device or can I Bluetooth a mic to it so on and so forth the site isn't being very helpful.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I can live with that.
I'm looking at the.
HERO5 Session I like a lot about what I'm reading such as ability to auto upload to Cloud and such but it's the Little Info I want to know such as how do I get this device to work with an external mic. Does this device also have an adapter such as your device or can I Bluetooth a mic to it so on and so forth the site isn't being very helpful.

On YouTube search for Micbergsma. He is deaf but has great videos covering a lot of the Gopros over the years.

Rebel

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
I ride a
1982 gl500
On YouTube search for Micbergsma. He is deaf but has great videos covering a lot of the Gopros over the years.
Thank you and I appreciate you not trying to be difficult. I'm more of a mechanic that I am tech savvy this is a whole new world for me once again I appreciate you

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The Hero 5 mic adapter is around $50 but I don't think you can use it on the session. Folk have already said to go for the hero 4 silver and the mic adapter for that is $20 ish.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts