Non-sportbike Track Day

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
I've done a bunch of track days in cars, and swore up and down I'd never do one on a bike because I didn't feel safe going that fast without a metal cage around me. Earlier this year I ate my words and did a non-sportbike event with Tony's Track Days (I'd include a link and pics but I'm a n00b so I can't - just google it). The emphasis was on improving skills, not raw speed. I was faster on this track in my Subaru BRZ than my Honda PC800, but that's OK. I learned a ton and became a much better rider as a result. I also got some kickass video with Harry's Lap Timer and telemetry overlays and such.

I'll be going back for more next year on my Shadow. Seeing all those chromed up cruisers lapping the track was inspiring, and showed me I could follow my cruiser desires without giving up the fun I had on the track.

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
That would be interesting to see. The closest to a non track bike I've seen on a track day was a guy on a big ole BMW 1200RT. The guy rode it like 4 hours to the track, took the luggage off, taped everything up and rode. Really awesome older guy.

AltimKing

06' The only real Ninja
Sep 27, 2016
Switzerland
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R 06'
Haha, just you wait! You don't have to have have a sport bike to go fast or to have fun on the track. The track is the best way to learn how to ride properly and i recommend it to anyone, regardless of bike type.

Reactions: BlakShadow

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Oh well, since you asked.

647cc, 55hp.

I own one of these demons!

Reactions: BlakShadow

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
Nice! There was even a guy there on a Burgman 650. He was slow but he was working that scooter quite well!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts