MotoVlogging beginner

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
Greetings moto dudes and dudettes,

Just got my first bike a few months ago and thinking about motovlogging. Is this the right place for a beginner?

I've created one video but feel like youtube is over-saturated with footage like that.
Welcome! You're definitely in the right place. Lots of experienced vloggers here. Make sure you ask questions, as silly as they may sound. Guaranteed someone will have had the sane happen.

Over saturated... Perhaps, just post what you find enjoyable. "Post, and they will come"

Reactions: Meifesto

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Your account looks to be able to share vids now... guessing time zones cause the issue?

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Over saturated... Perhaps, just post what you find enjoyable. "Post, and they will come"

Most subjects, contentarea's and ideas have been done and oversaturated at youtube.
Finding something brand new or original is near impossible.

That does make it hard to be found in the mass out there.
But that is also why youtube can feel so rewarding, slowly seeing those numbers rise, against all odds ;)

Reactions: HippoDrone

scootrlary

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2020
I ride a
honda
Just post the video. Start where you are at, and with what you have. then just strive to do better on the next one.

R6 Monkey

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2020
Scotland
www.r6monkey.co.uk
I ride a
Yamaha R6
Greetings moto dudes and dudettes,

Just got my first bike a few months ago and thinking about motovlogging. Is this the right place for a beginner?

I've created one video but feel like youtube is over-saturated with footage like that.
Hey Jump Rider I know this post may come a bit late looking at when the thread started but the best piece of advice I would give about starting motovlogging is just do it, I don’t think there will be many people on here who would say they look back on their first ever video and fee it was the best it could be be but as long as the improve through time it lets you look back and see how you progressed as a content creator and also how well your editing skills have improved. I hope judging by the daylte of the original post you did go ahead and post that video and you have since grown your brand from there

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Wing it, learn and get better. And just do what you like.

That's actually some of the best advice for beginners right there:

Just start doing it and learn as you go. Experience really is the best teacher. You'll make mistakes at the start, we all do, but you'll learn from those mistakes and get better, and in time you'll see your videos improving too.

Painey

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2020
UK & Florida
I ride a
2019 Harley RGS
I have been practicing making short videos with my GoPro Max during lockdown and publishing on YouTube, but I am itching to get back on my Harley and start motovlogging and with 360 videos. I have only seen one motovblogger on YouTube who uses a 360 cam and really think it adds a new dimension to the footage, especially if you are riding with friends

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have been practicing making short videos with my GoPro Max during lockdown and publishing on YouTube, but I am itching to get back on my Harley and start motovlogging and with 360 videos. I have only seen one motovblogger on YouTube who uses a 360 cam and really think it adds a new dimension to the footage, especially if you are riding with friends
I've been motovlogging with 360 cameras since the Insta360 One X was released, I think it is amazing technology. I now have a One X, a One R, a One X2 and a Max :D

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I have the Max too. I haven’t had a lot of opportunities to shoot in 360 mode, but liked what I saw. I think I prefer my Rylo slightly more, only because the editing and footage file transfer interface is easier. This pandemic, and my online classes have stopped a lot of my riding and free time, but I hope to back to things soon.

- Wolf

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I think I prefer my Rylo slightly more, only because the editing and footage file transfer interface is easier.
- Wolf
How so out of interest? With my Insta360 One X & One R, I used to shove the memory card in my PC to copy the files (the One X2 connects automatically when connected to my PC). Then it is just a case of rendering in the PC app on my computer, which is super simple. TBH, I don't use the Max as a 360 camera, if the One X2 works as well as the Max, I may sell the Max, the One R and my One X and just buy a second One X2

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I'm still learning the how's and why's of the Max camera and apps. I shot something and I thought I could connect to my iPad app through my wifi connection of the camera. I had done so before, but the last time shot something it didn't connect. I removed the SD card and made the connection that way, but I thought I had lost something I sent a few hour shooting.

I hope it becomes clearer with more use and experience. With my luck I'm probably doing something wrong from the start. It's easier with my Rylo as I just cable connect the camera to my iPad and I can transfer the footage directly. My only gripe with the Rylo editing app is I can't go from Tiny Planet mode to 1080p footage like I can with the Max or Insta.

I have to just pick my battles.

- Wolf

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR