Led Recording Indicator In Your Helmet

Ironside

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2015
United Kingdom
www.edmundironside.co.uk
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
I used to have an LED on my skydiving camera helmet setup (called a Cam-Eye 2) although there was a Kickstarter for a go-pro led it seems the manufacturers haven't caught onto the obvious benefit of providing an indication of the camera status that could be mounted in a helmet.

Am I missing something or am I the only person that thinks this would be a good idea?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It could be handy, but a quick look in the mirrors does the job for me! :)

Reactions: dandoolittle

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Big gap in flashes, and unless you've got high mounted mirrors where you can see easily, or it's dark, you can't safely check quickly!

Reactions: HippoDrone

Ironside

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2015
United Kingdom
www.edmundironside.co.uk
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
This is why drift have a 2 way remote. Just mount it on your bars and it flashes with the camera
That's another thing to keep charged, I stopped using the remote when I decided to record non-stop rather than use tagging, would you not like the option of an LED to mount somewhere in your helmet, I know I would?

WMA

Motorcycle Pilot
Sep 15, 2017
Green Bay, Wisconsin
www.WinklerMotorcycleAdventures.com
I ride a
2014 Honda Valkyrie
This somewhat relates to this topic. I have a GoPro Hero5 Black that I record all of my videos with. Usually I have it mounted on the handlebars, so I can start and stop recording quite easily. When it is out of reach though, I use the remote GoPro makes with their wrist strap. The remote also mirrors my camera's display, so I can see what the current settings are and if it is recording. I am also able to switch between modes, and if I have the desire to change from 1080p 60fps, I can do it with the remote. It really helps if I have my fiancee as a passenger, then she can control the camera and play with all the settings while I focus on riding. The bonus is that it's waterproof too, and I unfortunately tested that quite well with 3 days of solid rain our recent trip!
ARMTE-002_main3.jpg

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I never thought about having a LED in the helmet. I sometimes forget to look in a mirror. My only thought is that it would be more cables to muck around with.

Cj_Snowy

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
Aug 20, 2011
Scotland, Fife
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha R6
At night time that LED will be annoying. If you ride without mirrors and no remote controller that indicates that you are recording it can be a good idea I guess. I like to record all the riding I do. So i usually hit record before I put my helmet on then stop when I get of the bike :)

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
At night time that LED will be annoying. If you ride without mirrors and no remote controller that indicates that you are recording it can be a good idea I guess. I like to record all the riding I do. So i usually hit record before I put my helmet on then stop when I get of the bike :)

I used to be in habit of doing the same but I keep finding myself not hitting it. But I'd be inclined to agree a blinking red light would be annoying at night

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SweetTripl Camera Setups 27