It's Not If You Fall...

Mikecycle

Wannabie Member
May 31, 2016
OC, Southern California
I ride a
Love all bikes, top preference are supersport 600s
...it's when

Sup guys new rider here, just wondering how much truth there is in that saying.

I've already fallen/dropped a dirtbike going off-roading plenty of times etc, but never on the street yet (Not looking forward to it either).

Just curious if any veteran riders out there who have yet to have any accidents or spills while riding? (Knock on wood).

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
If you are always pushing the limits, then there's a higher chance of crashing. It's not a must to crash, and sometimes it's not even your fault if you do (side swiped by a shitty cager for example).

If you are too occupied thinking if you are going crash, chances are, you are going to crash. Riding is already dangerous enough and you need your brain focused on riding, not worrying if you are going to crash or not.

Ride safe, safe ride!

Reactions: Mikecycle

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
I think it's just statistics. When you ride you put yourself out there. It's just like most cagers will get in to a crash at some point. It's just more likely with a bike. Every time you go out the chance of laying it down goes up.

Sure, you can go 50 years without a crash. Is it probable? Not really.

IMO the problem is people constantly repeating it. People don't get in to cars and constantly think about crashing. It's just normal. They aren't reminded about it. And I guarantee the math also says that probably 50x more cars crash (in the US) daily than bikes. So, the bottom line numbers would be scarier, but the percentage change of a bike crash is likely greater as there are more single vehicle bike crashes per rider than cars.

My opinion is as clear as mud it seems. Yes, you'll likely fall. But who cares? You'll get back up.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
i crash all the time off road but i do allot of dumb shit.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts