Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I don't really edit images as I have a couple of designers if I ever need them.

However, I thought I'd jot down a couple of free ways to gain better graphics, without owning software - Kets face it, some of you are in budgets and for most, it's a hobby!

For editing photos, you have a few options

• Paid
  • Stolen
  • Cracked Software
  • Free, which is often branded
  • Fiverr - 90% of designers are shit

Solution

https://www.canva.com/

What is it?

Basically, it's a free but online photoshop - Not as good but it's bloody good for what it is, and mostly free - Some of the images they use will have a charge but there is a lot to play with!

https://pixlr.com/

I've yet to use this properly but it's OK and I've quickly checked - Canva is my choice

Both don't brand images etc

Where to get images that you can use for free?

I found this http://cheapchildrensbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/50-Websites.pdf which has a massive list of free images that you can use

Remember this and DON'T FORGET IT!!!

ONLY USE IMAGES THAT ALLOW COMMERCIAL USE - IF YOU HAVE ADSENSE/ADVERTS/PAID PLACEMENT THEN ITS COMMERCIAL!! It's as simple as that!!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Helpful info Dan, ty. I am so far not on the radar for copyright etc but it does concern me that I could get caught out! :)

DorkyRoad

Riding Nerdy
Feb 13, 2017
Oregon
I ride a
Honda CB500F
Honda CRF250L
I use Picmonkey.com for my thumbnail photos. It's a great graphic design interface, but sucks for the photo editing piece. I usually am just putting text over a screenshot from the video, though, so it doesn't have to be super robust for what I do.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Helpful info Dan, ty. I am so far not on the radar for copyright etc but it does concern me that I could get caught out! :)

I found a builder who stole some images from a client - He ended up paying £3500 for something he could have paid £70 for with a designer etc.

You're never too small as long as the evidence is 100%

Reactions: HippoDrone

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
I was a big fan of picmonkey.com but they just reduced the number of free fonts (including my go-to choice) by switching them to premium only. The monthly subscription is way more than I'm prepared to pay for what will be text on a thumbnail every couple of months. I'll have a look at canva.com though. Cheers, Dan.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I'm surprised there isn't a whole lot more people who just use a portable copy of Photoshop somebody passed to them along the line.

sk3tchninja

Motovlogger From Southern NJ
Mar 4, 2014
South Jersey, USA
I ride a
2015 Yamaha R6
If you're on a budget it doesn't get any better than a GIMP in your pocket ;)[/QUOTE]
I've been using GIMP for years. It really is a great FREE program to get you on your feet.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Tremonte

Wannabie Member
May 23, 2017
I ride a
Kawasaki Z650
I have to third on the Gimp suggestion. I've also been using it for years, and while it's not the most intuitive from the start, you can do a wide range of editing and creation with it once you learn a few tricks. My avatar to the left was created solely using Gimp.

Reactions: sk3tchninja

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts