How Do You Wash Your Bike?

aphire

Wannabie Member
Feb 13, 2016
Annpolis, MD
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS
Just wondering how you do it. What products are best? easier to spray it down or just get the dirt spots with a sponge?

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Karcher washer for the rims/ swingarm with a foam gun attachment to it... so it's all soapy, then sponge it over.. spray with hose to rinse everything, refoam the dirty patches and hand scrub with 'magic sponges' then rinse off.. dry with microfibre, then apply polish.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
I just pressure wash my bike. Scrub it down some before hand and hit it with the pressure washer.

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
Interested in the answers here. I've pressure washed it and also just wiped it down with detailer as well.

jthomas

jthomas1310
Jan 9, 2016
Australia
I ride a
2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
I give her a hose down, then warm water with dish soap and a sponge, then rinse with the hose and dry with a chamois.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I used to hand wash mine with a pail of water and a cloth as well as a spray bottle of wax.

Now that I sold my First Hand FZ16 for a second hand DRZ, i can't be bothered cleaning it. If i ever do clean it for bike shows and meets, i'll bring it to the nearest gas station and hose it down, thats it.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
The only thing you have to worrie about with a pressure washer is grease fittings. I used to pressure was 40 million dollar helicopters all the time the electronics would get we and never fuck up.

Leon Loco

Roar at things.
Mar 30, 2016
NY/NJ/FL/TX/etc
leonloco.com
I ride a
Many loud things.
I used to pressure was 40 million dollar helicopters all the time the electronics would get we and never fuck up.

That's because the avionics in a $40M helicopter are built to deal with pretty much everything you could possibly throw at them. Bike electronics, not so much, especially older stuff with non-sealing connectors.

MotoDynsty

Putting the Nasty in DyNasty
Mar 11, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
I ride a
K8 GSXR 600
bucket, automotive soap and microfiber scrubbers and sponges. I use chain degreaser on my rims which helps get the really grimy, bad dirt off. rewash if shes real dirty, rinse and dry with microfiber towels. Ride for 15 minutes then clean and lube my chain

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
That's because the avionics in a $40M helicopter are built to deal with pretty much everything you could possibly throw at them. Bike electronics, not so much, especially older stuff with non-sealing connectors.
most of the technology in the helicopter i worked on most is from Vietnam its not very water resistant. most bike shit is sealed pretty well.

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
2015 KTM RC 390, 2011 Yamaha FZ-S
I hose the bike down, wet it. Remove whatever dirt I can just with the water. Then use liquid soap and a sponge to get rid of all the oil and grease stains from traffic. After that I wash it off. I use a pressure hose for places like under the seat where dirt is stuck and just dries up.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
For in-between up-keep, I use some quick detailer type of spray and wipe solution without needing any water.

If it's really dirty then I use the traditional water hose, soap, and sponge action. Normally I will shower the water on the bike like how it would be if it was parked out in the rain. I avoid spraying water from a bottom-up angle to avoid water getting into places it shouldn't normally get it (if it was parked out in the rain).

For a nice popping finish I use the Maxima SC-1 after it's all clean and dry, it can be applied onto every surface just keep it away from the tires and your seat because it will make them super slick.

Revvin417

Wannabie Member
Feb 23, 2016
Missouri
I ride a
2015 KTM RC390
Bucket, sponge, hose, and sexy moves. It is like a seductive dance between me and the bike. It's the same way I wash my car.
My bike is always looking shiny.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts