Have You Ever Tapped A Mirror?

DDR

Wannabie Member
May 17, 2016
I ride a
Honda CB125F
Dang, but don't let it knock your confidence. If you keep at it, you'll soon learn how much space you need to fit.

Yep, I definitely hope so too. Inevitably, I have to be comfortable squeezing or I might as well get a car and enjoy the air-conditioning!

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Yep, I definitely hope so too. Inevitably, I have to be comfortable squeezing or I might as well get a car and enjoy the air-conditioning!

That's the spirit man! Just be careful of those car doors/ pedestrians/ people in general doing dumb shiz!

Reactions: DDR

Motorpsych

Wannabie Member
Feb 27, 2016
Japan, near Tokyo
I ride a
Honda VTR250
Once clipped a mirror with mine. This is when I was still on a scooter. Never on my motorbike though. I've been real close though, Japanese lanes can get very skinny.

Reactions: RoadSprock

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
Clipped mirror once, apologised, rode away quickly.

I learned my lesson though and now have a different technique for tight squeezes.

Will post videos of the incident and my new filtering method when I've made twenty posts here on the forums.

Garthox

Wannabe vlogger
Feb 22, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I ride a
BMW 650 GS Dakar
I've done so about 3 times that i can recall. All of which were when i had less experience.
I ride a 650gs with wide bars (just shy of 1m wide)

Cant really explain it, but I have learnt the technique to lean and snake the bars to get them between, over or under the cars mirrors.

If two cars mirrors are side by side, then im screwed lol but you can easily get going once the traffic does :)

CDA441

Red Viffer VTEC!
Apr 15, 2016
Belgium
cda441.wordpress.com
I ride a
'04 Honda VFR800 VTEC
This winter I clipped a mirror when overtaking/lane splitting.
The guy swerved left and I hit his mirror. Felt weird, bike still went forward without any problems.
Stopped right away at the side of the road to check on him and his mirror. I apologised, and he said it's nothing because the mirror was already broken and taped up with duct tape :')
Cool thing is that he asked if I was okay.

In the 2 years that I ride I only tapped 2 mirrors.
Let's hope it stays that way :)

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
I bumped a car with my side luggage once.

No damage thankfully, but scrapped my side box.

Horrible thing about having luggage that's wider than your bars.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I bumped a car with my side luggage once.

No damage thankfully, but scrapped my side box.

Horrible thing about having luggage that's wider than your bars.
think like a cat... make sure your bars stick out further than all the rest.... cat's whiskers! :)

Reactions: Superballs

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
think like a cat... make sure your bars stick out further than all the rest.... cat's whiskers! :)

Unfortunately not really an option, unless I pick up some bar-ends.

It was a bit of a shock then, but now I'll give myself a lot of extra room. I don't usually ride with side luggage though, usually only on the highway when it's more open. It was a dumb space to try and squeeze through anyway :)

Reactions: HippoDrone

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
Reactions: CDA441

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Only when,driving a him v on,small,German roads. =)

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Accidentally once, when lane splitting.
Car swerved towards me unexpectedly. No real damage.

And once when a older lady drove out of a side street and misjudged my speed. I was luckily i could only clipped her mirror instead of a colossal full hit, so i don't really count that one in ;)

Never on purpose, have a special kinda hate for people who smash mirrors on purpose.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I tapped another mirror a few times. The first time was the passenger side on a car. I was pratically crawling and the edge of my right mirror pushed againist the dge her mirror and pushed it back about a mill. It just went straight back into place. best part her and the passenger weren't paying attention so they never knew it happed.

The second time it was my left mirror tapped the drivers mirror of a council van. Being a transit the mirror didn't move and nor did the glass crack. Again I was crawling through. The driver looked at the mirror gone out. Don't think he knew what was going on.

If you tap one just be prepared to applogise and push come to shove be prepared to swap details.

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
During my last trip i hit accidentally a car's mirror with my right mirror, I was about to change to the right lane (without turn light: mad :) it was a mild hit nothing to worry, but it scared the heck out of me

xaviervax

Learning from everyone.
Mar 14, 2018
I ride a
Maxsym400
Sometimes but that was afew years ago. but if the lane is too tight I will not take the chance. Over here in my country people will make it a serious issue if we scratch or bump into their cars. Almost all cars is equiped with video cams.

One of my friend actually got a letter from the police after accidentally tap car mirrors during lane splitting. His license plate number was caught by the car dash cam.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts