Greetings - Noob Vlogger And I Dont Taste Of Lime

motolimey

exploring the american desert
Jun 13, 2016
I ride a
1998 Triumph Daytona T595 - 955i
Hello all,

Expat Englishman, used to be an avid biker, london commuter, eurotouters and occasional track days until I moved to the USA in 2008... havent ridden since. (it's a long torrid story of moving around with work, divorces, drunken debauchery and hiding from invading space monkeys)

After years of watching motovlogs I've decided to record my "born again biker" experience, the renovation of a 1998 Triumph Daytona that I've got as a project bike in 2010 but then promptly didnt do anything with. So it's sat in storage for a few years while I've dithered and faffed around. Suddenly, I've been refocused because a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to stumble across a classic old broken down Porsche hidden away in a friend of a friends garage for nearly 15 years. After swapping a handful of funny American Money for it, another derelict vehicle is joining my collection...

So it's time for me to get off my lardy arse and finish up the Trumpet and get on it and mototvlog! While I'm doing that I figure I will try to record the resurrection of this 1978 Porsche 911SC as well ;)

I enjoy making family videos of the kids so this should be fun.

Helmet - Check
Camera - Check
Yank Bike License - The UK one does not transfer - *sigh* coming in July

So, I'm a noob but looking forward to getting my social media up and running and record my exploration of the South Caroilna's by Triple Motorcycle and Flat 6 Motorcar.

I cant even reserve a Youtube chanel name until I get a few more likes... could you lovely ladies and gents help a noob out and sub me so I can reserve "motolimey" as my chanel name?

youtubes /channel/UCqwO3m6my3Iacil8_WFy2Cw

OffMyFacebook /MotoLimey-1115637841791787/ (i cant reserve this name either #farkit)

Reactions: Belerophon

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Welcome!

How come the UK licence doesn't transfer? We have one of the highest testing standards in the world I thought.

Reactions: dandoolittle

motolimey

exploring the american desert
Jun 13, 2016
I ride a
1998 Triumph Daytona T595 - 955i
Welcome!

How come the UK licence doesn't transfer? We have one of the highest testing standards in the world I thought.

You can drive for a limited time (I think a year) on the UK *Car* license then you have to sit the USA test (which is laughably simple!)

The motorcycle license doesnt transfer at all, so I'm basically back to a noob rider status. Booking the bike test is a pain but now (a) I've moved to South Carolina and (b) finally got my old Triumph running. I'm looking forward to it.

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
My UK license transferred fine in New Mexico. I had to take the theory test (I got 97% so it can't be too hard) but I didn't have to take the practical test, they just updated my driving license to reflect that I can ride a bike.
I believe it's different depending upon which state you live in.
As it turned out I ended up taking the Basic Riding Courses (1 & 2) a couple of years ago and they were a piece of piss.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
That makes more sense, actually quite like the idea that someone new proves they've learned the local rules and regulations.

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
2015 KTM RC 390, 2011 Yamaha FZ-S
Welcome to the forum. :D I love the way you write. :D

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts