GoPro freezing frames

CVentures

Rookie Rider
Aug 28, 2020
Maine
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Beta 300RR
Anyone getting freezing in GoPro footage, roughly every 5 secs or so, the go pro footage seems stuck for a few frames and then goes on and in 5 secs or so freezes again for a few frames?

Reactions: Teh Purp

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
is this when recording or when playing it back? if its playback, try transphering the files to your device nativly first, like your HDD or something. as hippo mentioned, its likley a reading slow issue, could be the card reader or the card itself, if its still screwie after youve transphered it try the same on another computer or device. might be the device having a codec issue (unlikley but possable) if its screwie on both when nativcly on the device, might be your card is too slow for the gopro to seemlessly write to it.
let us know how you get on with that, might have other things to try for you :)

also try another program to view it on, sometimes some programs have issues with random files for not much of a reason.

Reactions: HippoDrone

CVentures

Rookie Rider
Aug 28, 2020
Maine
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Beta 300RR
It was after bringing it into lumafusion from my SD, a lot in the community are blaming my SD saying its not fast enough to write 4K 60 footage quick enough. SIGH! apparently GoPro recommends certain SD cards for faster reading. I bought one but wont be able to try it till Monday. I should load the SD card back on my GoPro and watch the footage to see if its any different

Teh Purp

Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
im not saying it IS the SD card, it could very well be a crappy reader or cable, or it could be lumafusion processing it more than it needs to just for playing, i had the same the other day when trying to scrubb through footage in davinci, but playback on the file itself was fine. kist vivng you tips on finding n narrowing down the actual problem :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It was after bringing it into lumafusion from my SD, a lot in the community are blaming my SD saying its not fast enough to write 4K 60 footage quick enough. SIGH! apparently GoPro recommends certain SD cards for faster reading. I bought one but wont be able to try it till Monday. I should load the SD card back on my GoPro and watch the footage to see if its any different
I think the Hero 8 records 4k60 at close to 100,000 which pushes even the best of memory cards, so it does very much sound like a card speed issue

Teh Purp

Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
im not sure if the software you have has this, but is there a "create optimised media" option anywhere? i know davinci has it, takes something from an unusable unworkable mess to smooth n workable in the timeline, worth a shot.

Teh Purp

Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
Looking now
if the footage itself is jumpy it wont be savable that way, id set your camera down to 1080 till you can get a faster card for it. its never fun loosing footage, but atleast there was a bit of a leson behind it.

usually for 4k footage everone reccomends v30 spec SD cards, but you can usually get away with v10 in a pinch. not going in to the full specs of SD cards, but theres a ton of classifications on speed n everything, its worth keeping them in mind when buying new ones.

CVentures

Rookie Rider
Aug 28, 2020
Maine
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Beta 300RR
Yes lesson learned, i had no idea there was true differences and i should have. I bought the cheapest 128 i could find. I just ordered one off the recommended list and it was 3x more than i paid so it should work better.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Teh Purp

Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
my mistake last time i was buying cards was being unbder the illusion that because 32gb was enough for my crappy cheapo cameras that it would be enough to last a while on a decent camera..... it was not. lol

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts