Not open for further replies.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
BikersReviews said:
but theres things that can be said privately too, the PM button is there for a reason. an opinion is fair but trying to belittle someone on more than one occasion with the same kind of comments is not acceptable to be honest. If you're going to give advice fair enough.

This is only advice. These are different comments.

I'm not trying to belittle you or make you look bad at all. I'm trying to point out that you don't understand the negative effect you could have on that dealers website. It's blackhat negative SEO and it could get Two Wheel Centre pushed right down the SERPs if not removed altogether.

BikersReviews said:
I just think things could be worded differently. especially as I've messaged privately asking how I could improve what I'm doing so that it doesn't affect any other site. if a reply was given to my original message, I'm sure the posting on this topic would've been different.

Maybe. Like I said before, I'm sorry I missed your message. Maybe I could have worded things differently but I feel quite passionately about this. As you know I do this for a living and it's frustrating when I see people doing things bad and they don't understand. I'm only trying to help.

BikersReviews said:
not to worry though, I've removed all links to bike thing so that the site there won't be affected...

I hate to say it, but if Google works like we believe then it's already too late and they're already associated. Thanks for the effort and listening to my concerns though.

BikersReviews said:
that's the most simple way for me to do it if no decent advice is going to be given to help me improve what I'm already doing.

If you want advice, I can give it to you. I can PM you if you wish, just say the word.

I take do take offence at the "if no decent advice is going to be given" comment though. I've just written out 3 long replies to you packed full of decent advice.

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
Am I thick in the head or does this seem to be a case of someone taking constructive criticism...wait, it's not even criticism...constructive advice, like nails being rammed into their skull with a hammer?

Friz does this as his job and you're ignoring his advice which you asked for.

27896457.jpg

BikersReviews

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2013
Notts Uk
www.bikersreviews.com
I ride a
Magic Carpet
you completely missed the point, I asked for his advice via pm. the pm was ignored, he decides to try and publicly humiliate me (again) rather than reply in private. I asked for his advice and what was the best way to avoid conflict. I tell him its unacceptable the way he responds.

I know he was trying to help, but the way he went about it was irresponsible.

I'm trained how to deal with various causes of cancer. I don't use my spare time to belittle people about not smoking etc, however I will advise someone the best way to limit the causes.

its the difference between me saying: you're going to die because you smoke or saying smoking is a known carcinogen, here's what you can do to help quit smoking

one way is much more polite than the other. thats what I'm trying to get at

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
This may or may not be the case, but I know Friz well enough to say he wouldn't do anything like that intentionally.

The point is, it's quite a simple point, you did something a bit wrong. Friz has given you a bucketload of sound advice, heed it for goodness' sake.

I'd say 'no offence', but you seem to take it without the intention behind it...

BikersReviews

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2013
Notts Uk
www.bikersreviews.com
I ride a
Magic Carpet
I don't easily get offended, hence the first time, I let it go, thought no more about it. but twice, starts to get a bit annoying. as much as I know he had best intentions, I was merely trying to say I found it unacceptable. it is then that others have come along to back him up... he didn't need that I'm sure.

I was just trying to get a point across, I've no been offensive with what I originally put, yet the response is as though I've just shit through all of your mail boxes.

if I'm wrong in saying what I said, then the whole point of having this forum is useless. I've not tried to kick up a big fuss, I just said my point and tried to justify it.

so the fact that you say I can't seem to take criticism seems to actually apply to yourselves too.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
This is the standard problem with the internet, if this conversation had been had in real life with the aid of body language and tone of voice everything would have come across as it should have, stop worrying guys.

POPE5HAT

Wannabie Member
Sep 5, 2011
I ride a
CurlyBlakey said:
This is the standard problem with the internet, if this conversation had been had in real life with the aid of body language and tone of voice everything would have come across as it should have, stop worrying guys.

Except me, i would have punched the prick.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
POPE5HAT said:
CurlyBlakey said:

Except me, i would have punched the prick.

Each to their own :p

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
Right.

Nothing I've said today has justified the disgusting response I've had from people on this forum. I apologize if you took offense to what I said, but you asked for our opinions on the review, and I gave it. But I'm sickened by what I've read. I've got a few personal things going on, and this is the last thing I needed.

Steve.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
I've honestly never been more confused in my life.

I'm going to guess that quite a few posts have been removed here but I'll try and piece it together best I can:

- I offer some advice.
- That advice is ignored and I'm accused of "belittling", mostly because of the way in which I wrote it.
- I tried to justify myself, which was further ignored.

And all of a sudden Pope and Mysteriousvlogger are covering the forum in all different kinds of abuse aimed at me and my friends...?

Why has any of this happened?
Massively confused right now.

BikersReviews

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2013
Notts Uk
www.bikersreviews.com
I ride a
Magic Carpet
Friz said:
I'm accused of "belittling", mostly because of the way in which I wrote it.
I don't think anything has been deleted here.

My original post was to highlight how it seemed to me, I wasn't abusive or out to cause offense yet it then seems like others chipped in where it wasn't needed and I was made to feel like I was wrong for challenging how things were put.

MedicDan

Wannabie Member
Apr 16, 2012
Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
www.bikething.co.uk
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 600 K6
It's too late tonight to speak to you guys (Lee & personally, so I'll try catch up with you both over the weekend. Till then, don't carry this on over the net lads. You both have Served BikeThing massively and am sure this can be sorted, just not sure doing it over the net is the best place for either of you, or MotoVlog or BikeThing.
Have a good weekend guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts