Not open for further replies.

BikersReviews

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2013
Notts Uk
www.bikersreviews.com
I ride a
Magic Carpet
good day. I'm formerly known as withabitofginger. some may know me, some may not.

over the coming weeks, I'll be collaborating with a local bike shop to bring you reviews of all kinds of biker related gear and equipment :)

I'll be starting off with an unbiased review which will be done by way of hidden camera. I've not got anything useful on my website yet, but it will soon be full of glorious and useful info (as well as my motovlogs)

so Hi!

Outlaw3d

Wannabie Member
Feb 21, 2013
Thailand
I ride a
Honda Click 125i
Sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to the reviews. Good luck with this venture and your new website :cool: . sub'd and awaiting some undercover reviews :)

BikersReviews

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2013
Notts Uk
www.bikersreviews.com
I ride a
Magic Carpet
Thanks fella, think I'm going to use the undercover cam a lot more if this first one works well. only issue is, that if my vids become popular, my face would get recognised, so I would need to get other peoples to do the undercover stuff for me... other wise companies will be bending over backwards to give me a good service.... not that its a bad thing, but I'd prefer a honest service and it be shite for review purposes, but then maybe do a review later and see if the service improves.

I'll sub u back in a mo.

Going to go out to the studio and do my intro vid shortly too.

mrtommygunwhite

Wannabie Member
Jun 7, 2012
lancashire
I ride a
a (dead atm) yammaha yzf r125 2012 anniversary
BikersReviews said:
Thanks fella, think I'm going to use the undercover cam a lot more if this first one works well. only issue is, that if my vids become popular, my face would get recognised, so I would need to get other peoples to do the undercover stuff for me... other wise companies will be bending over backwards to give me a good service.... not that its a bad thing, but I'd prefer a honest service and it be shite for review purposes, but then maybe do a review later and see if the service improves.

I'll sub u back in a mo.

i would do some reveiws when im back up and runing

Outlaw3d

Wannabie Member
Feb 21, 2013
Thailand
I ride a
Honda Click 125i
BikersReviews said:

I'll sub u back in a mo.
I've always loved that undercover mystery shopping thing to expose the shopkeepers and employees. btw your intro graphic is awesome :) , you seem to have everything in place for this review gig, hope it works out well for you and the vids become really popular :cool: .

and cheers for the sub :D .

BikersReviews

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2013
Notts Uk
www.bikersreviews.com
I ride a
Magic Carpet
mrtommygunwhite said:
BikersReviews said:

I'll sub u back in a mo.

i would do some reveiws when im back up and runing

once I've done local reviews, I might send my "spy gear" out to others to help me build up the reviews across the uk. thanks for subbing too.
Outlaw3d said:
I've always loved that undercover mystery shopping thing to expose the shopkeepers and employees. btw your intro graphic is awesome :) , you seem to have everything in place for this review gig, hope it works out well for you and the vids become really popular :cool: .

and cheers for the sub :D .

yeah think thats what gave me the idea, that plus the fact the shop knows I'm doing it, but they don't know when. so might as well make it so that it gets them completely unaware.

thanks for the comments about the intro graphic, means a lot. simple yet effective... its the best way!

just about to edit my welcome vid

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
This is going to sound super harsh,

You have a written bit to back up the story. The written bit is covered in links to the shops website. This screams to me, and probably to anyone else watching, that this isn't an unbiased review.

Its also probably not best using someone who knows nothing about bikes to ask questions. While you don't want to try and catch out the staff, as that will look suspicious, you're never going test their product knowledge, or ask the right questions.

I understand that its early days for you, and hidden camera reviews are tricky to get right.

BikersReviews

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2013
Notts Uk
www.bikersreviews.com
I ride a
Magic Carpet
after having a little think about what you said, thought id give a bit of an explanation...

firstly, I didnt have anybody else to hand and needed the review done quick, so jack had to do. and although he doesnt know anything about biking, the more I think about it, the better it seems.... now I'm going to change your opinion lol..

if someone who is 16, has no family or friends who are bikers etc... where should they go? fair enough, theres info on the net, but still would you be 100% confident with the info you've read online?

I personally think that the vid shows no matter who you are and no matter how much you know about biking, these shops will give you the extra info you need. fair enough, people who are already bikers and know some stuff will prob find the vid boring, but, if it helps to get the newer generation into biking then thats a video thats worth it.

but all that being said, think I will get another review done with a biker who knows the right questions to ask. the shop will have let their guard down now so another review will be totally unexpected.

honestly I thank you for your input as its made me glad I gave you the secret link... I've removed most of the links now from the write up and I hope to further the review with the second video

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
I don't know exactly what you affiliation is with Two Wheel Centre, but I imagine it's them asking you to cover your articles in links to their site - right?

Continue the way you're going and you're going to decimate your site and theirs in the SERPs (search engine results page).
Google will come down upon you with its might spam hammer harder than you can ever imagine.

Firstly - a site dedicated to linking out to ONLY Two Wheel Centre LOTS AND LOTS? Dodgy...
Blog posts covered in exact match anchor text links? Yeah - you've screwed it over.

I must also add that Google is a service that strives to bring the best of the web out to the user.
Yes, they do this (partially) by looking at how many links are pointing to a webpage, but those links must be of high quality. If they're on a new or low quality site (yours) then they'll judge quality based on the content around it... and yours isn't the best.

I'm actually worried about for motovlog and BikeThing as you've associated these sites with yours by putting a link in your signature and using the URL as you username (on BikeThing at least).

I'm not trying to get at you but you clearly don't have a very good understanding about what you're doing and you need to do something about it before you screw up at least Two Wheel Centres website.
If I'm right in what I'm reading and that post had even more links in it that it has at the moment, then you really need to stop.

Source: I'm an Online Marketing Executive - this type of work is my job.

Edit: Missed a word.

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
Its fairly obvious, from the review, and from other stuff you've said, that you've partnered up with this shop. I'd say that for a small site, such as you're own, that partnering up will actually stop people from coming back to the site. Most people want impartial reviews. I know I do.

I'm only trying to offer advice here. Just review your own gear but make no mention of where you got it, ask mates to review theirs. And then, when you have a good amount of hits per month, then think about partnering a shop. I still wouldn't recommend it, though.

BikersReviews

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2013
Notts Uk
www.bikersreviews.com
I ride a
Magic Carpet
Friz said:
I'm not trying to get at you but you clearly don't have a very good understanding about what you're doing and you need to do something about it

being bluntly honest, its the second time you've tried to publicly belittle me, the first being on bikething, where I privately PM'd you to resolve any issues which I may be causing and asked how I could improve, I'm yet to receive a reply. I am not too fussed if you like to try to look like you're above anybody, but it doesn't wash with me.

A simple PM would have done to explain the matters, however your decision both times were to publicly have a go. which I honestly think is unwarranted.

that's all I have to say on this matter

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
BikersReviews said:
Friz said:
I'm not trying to get at you but you clearly don't have a very good understanding about what you're doing and you need to do something about it

being bluntly honest, its the second time you've tried to publicly belittle me, the first being on bikething, where I privately PM'd you to resolve any issues which I may be causing and asked how I could improve, I'm yet to receive a reply. I am not too fussed if you like to try to look like you're above anybody, but it doesn't wash with me.

A simple PM would have done to explain the matters, however your decision both times were to publicly have a go. which I honestly think is unwarranted.

It's a forum. We all post publicly. We all open ourselves up to critisism in doing so.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
BikersReviews said:
Friz said:

I'm a little upset that you've decided to ignore the entirety of my post apart from two lines where I very specifically say that I'm trying to get at you.

That's the exact wording that I used. You even quoted it. You've completely missed my point.

Neither time have I tried to belittle you. All I said on that previous post was that we'd agreed you wouldn't duplicate content, then you went and did a review on the same product you'd previously done in the same structure with the same video. That's all I said.

Honestly - I missed your PM. If you want to talk about it now, I'm totally up for that. I apologise for not seeing it.

I am not too fussed if you like to try to look like you're above anybody, but it doesn't wash with me.

I don't know where you got the idea from that I like to try to look like I'm above anyone - All I've said is that the way you're going about your website is not going to help you or Two Wheel Centre.

BikersReviews

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2013
Notts Uk
www.bikersreviews.com
I ride a
Magic Carpet
but theres things that can be said privately too, the PM button is there for a reason. an opinion is fair but trying to belittle someone on more than one occasion with the same kind of comments is not acceptable to be honest. If you're going to give advice fair enough.

I just think things could be worded differently. especially as I've messaged privately asking how I could improve what I'm doing so that it doesn't affect any other site. if a reply was given to my original message, I'm sure the posting on this topic would've been different.

not to worry though, I've removed all links to bike thing so that the site there won't be affected... that's the most simple way for me to do it if no decent advice is going to be given to help me improve what I'm already doing.

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
BikersReviews said:
no decent advice is going to be given to help me improve what I'm already doing.
You obviously missed this. You know the bit where I specifically say, 'I'm offering advice.'

Bikermole said:
I'm only trying to offer advice here. Just review your own gear but make no mention of where you got it, ask mates to review theirs. And then, when you have a good amount of hits per month, then think about partnering a shop. I still wouldn't recommend it, though.
If you don't like the advice, then say, politely, that you won't take the advice. Don't just blindly ignore that any advice was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts