Footpeg Vibrations And How Can I Reduce Them?

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
I've just returned from a 500km trip and the vibrations in the footpegs are killing me. My feet just go number after the first 100-150 kilometers. Is there any way I can install rubber bushings or something to alleviate that issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

p.s. Bike is a 2004 Zx6r

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
If you don't have rubber on the pegs already, you can try some that do.

The idea about the rubber bushing has some merit. However putting a rubber washer in the mount might not stay tight. You could check you engine, swing arm, and exhaust mounts. If any of them have bushings and one is worn out or loose it could allow a vibration to telegraph throughout.

Finally, try different footwear. I have some boots that are more sensitive to vibrations than others and my bike has rubber on its floorboards.

Surely there are some other ideas...

Reactions: HippoDrone

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Sucks that your feet go numb so quickly dude, its small but have you tried changing your foots position on the foot peg?

My Kawasaki Versys' engine mounts all had rubber washers, to reduce vibration. Also had rubber washers where the foot pegs connect to the bike.

Another interesting idea from my Hypermotard: The top of the foot peg is rubber, so the actual foot peg is metal, but the part where your foot touches is rubber.

burlyjack

The bearded dude with a cool YouTube
Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
Is it a new symptom just popping up? Rubber mounts could help. Other than that there's not much to do other than changing riding position and your riding gear. That is quite the distance to cover by bike for most people.

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
I didn't have any other issues. I expected my back ti give in due to it being a sportbike, but vibrations turned out to be issue. Its not a new problem , just couldn't notice it before due to the short riding distances. I'll try to figure out some rubber inserts for the pins of the footpegs. that may help a bit.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I know what you mean. Been there, felt that. Numb foot is no where as crappy as numb fingers/palm. I'm not so sure that changing the pegs to ones which have rubber lining will help that much, you can try that. In the meantime, the other workaround is to move your feet, switch the position of your foot resting on the peg from time to time, give your legs a stretch while on the bike, or plan stops to rest / get off the bike, especially while getting fuel. Perhaps some thicker socks or boots with a thicker sole.

Reactions: WingManGT

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
You could also try riding with "hiking socks" or "climbing socks", get them from any sort of climbing / hiking shop. They pretty thick, so should dampen some of the vibration.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts