Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Thought some of you rookies may find this helpful :)

Feel free to list your bug bears below!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nerb

Seriously not serious
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Motard: Husky610
Adventure: KTM1190 Adv R
Harsh! Haha. There is a lot of different styles of motovlogs, and the things you say are relevant to some, but not all vlogs in my opinion. Does it really matter if someone is putting their gloves on if they are talking on their topic? I know many people will listen to vlogs and not watch them at all. Heavy breathing can be sexy... right?... right?... (maybe not).

dexterbiker

Wannabie Member
Dec 5, 2012
London, UK
I ride a
Honda CBF 125
Can totally understand about the length of videos and total silence in videos. I would i guess class myself as still a 'Rookie' alot of it is a learning curve and tbh you will only appeal to those who have an interest in what you have to say which is why i try and keep mine as genuine as possible. I guess it is the difference between those who go out for a good night and those who just want to go out and look for a fight because they know it will make them look good. Althought some may disagree with what i have up already i will only upload what i feel is interesting and that is why i havent uploaded a 'full' video in a while becasue fankly i dont have a great deal to talk about at the moment.

The actual only other thing that gets me is when people start talking as you mentioned about their daily lives in the sence of family members and what uncle bob did for a living, no relation to anyone else and 9 times out of 10 is boring!

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Nerb said:
Harsh! Haha. There is a lot of different styles of motovlogs, and the things you say are relevant to some, but not all vlogs in my opinion. Does it really matter if someone is putting their gloves on if they are talking on their topic? I know many people will listen to vlogs and not watch them at all. Heavy breathing can be sexy... right?... right?... (maybe not).

Of course there are and that's a very good thing, that's why I made it clear this relates to noone in particular and all of those points are soley what I find to be annoying.

ryantcb

Wannabie Member
Sep 21, 2012
I ride a
Suzuki GSF 600
its amazing its like you've watched one of my videos and listed everything I do in it.
:lol:

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
Haha :p I'm guessing you're not into dirt vloggers then? :p they do alot of breathing.

DeathMetalMoto

Wannabie Member
Jan 18, 2013
Jefferson City, MO.
metalheadgraphix.webs.com
I ride a
DRZ400
But by saying "these are the things I find annoying" you are trying to set a personal standard for vlogging which eventually evolves into a group standard then a community standard and so on, then those motovloggers who many may find good despite random annoying things don't get subbed or watched due to them not fitting a criteria provided by one persons personal opinion of unnecessary annoyances. :p

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
DeathMetalMoto said:
But by saying "these are the things I find annoying" you are trying to set a personal standard for vlogging which eventually evolves into a group standard then a community standard and so on, then those motovloggers who many may find good despite random annoying things don't get subbed or watched due to them not fitting a criteria provided by one persons personal opinion of unnecessary annoyances. :p

You have too much time, these are things everybody will agree are essential for a watchable video.

There's being induvidual then there's watching someone put their gloves on.

BKarol

Wannabie Member
Dec 14, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Kawasaki ER6F (Ninja 650)
CurlyBlakey said:
DeathMetalMoto said:

You have too much time, these are things everybody will agree are essential for a watchable video.

Putting on the gloves is not a problem, the problem is a 30seconds or more of silence when they do it.

DeathMetalMoto

Wannabie Member
Jan 18, 2013
Jefferson City, MO.
I ride a
DRZ400
CurlyBlakey said:
DeathMetalMoto said:

So now you speak for everybody on what makes a good video? Sorry but I'll never vlog because of someone elses idea, I do it how and when I want. Watch it or don't, but don't tell me what to do with my own vlogs. Don't come to a community of vloggers and tell them how to vlog, you're not the vlog police, people can do what they want. It's not up to you or anyone else to tell them what's right or wrong.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
DeathMetalMoto said:
CurlyBlakey said:
DeathMetalMoto said:

So now you speak for everybody on what makes a good video? Sorry but I'll never vlog because of someone elses idea, I do it how and when I want. Watch it or don't, but don't tell me what to do with my own vlogs. Don't come to a community of vloggers and tell them how to vlog, you're not the vlog police, people can do what they want. It's not up to you or anyone else to tell them what's right or wrong.

FOR GODS SAKE I NEVER SAID I WAS.

I have made it clear that I am not telling people what to do, these are MY OPINIONS on things that annoy ME.

I am trying to HELP (if you understand that concept) I have been making vlogs for 2 years, there's over 80 of my videos on YouTube, this video was merely to try and help new vloggers with the things I learned the hard way.

You do all the things in this video in all your vlogs and see how many people stick watching them, i'm sorry and it might be against your values but it's the truth.

(And yes the capitals are entirely neccesary because you really seem to be struggling with basic concepts.)

DeathMetalMoto

Wannabie Member
Jan 18, 2013
Jefferson City, MO.
I ride a
DRZ400
You JUST said "these are things everybody will agree are essential for a watchable video" sorry but I disagree. I watch the vlogs because of who the people are not because of the content of their videos. I don't expect them to do magic tricks or entertain me, that's not why I watch them and that's not why they vlog. Don't condescend me you fuckwit, I don't care if you've been vlogging 10 years and have 8000 videos. No one here vlogs because they have some kind of expectation of pleasing people like you who believe you can speak for what everyone thinks is a good video. VLOG HOW YOU WANT, fuck what anyone else thinks. There is no criteria to be met for vlogging.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
DeathMetalMoto said:
You JUST said "these are things everybody will agree are essential for a watchable video" sorry but I disagree. I watch the vlogs because of who the people are not because of the content of their videos. I don't expect them to do magic tricks or entertain me, that's not why I watch them and that's not why they vlog. Don't condescend me you fuckwit, I don't care if you've been vlogging 10 years and have 8000 videos. No one here vlogs because they have some kind of expectation of pleasing people like you who believe you can speak for what everyone thinks is a good video. VLOG HOW YOU WANT, fuck what anyone else thinks. There is no criteria to be met for vlogging.

Calm down a bit mate, wow.

As I said i'm trying to help, you seem to have decided that's not acceptable.

Oh and by the way, all your points in this argument you have fabricated, try this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Argue-Prof- ... 449&sr=8-1

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts