Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Currently we are having a quiet time on the forum, and I want to know what you would do to improve it for the regular members (yourselves) and new member/lurkers etc?

Can do this by posting below ideas that might attract others to post more or ideas that you think will improve things for yourselves.

This is with my hands open, asking for your help. No idea is a bad one, all responses are welcome, be it from new/old/regular members.

So please, let me know what we can do to kick some life into this forum? :)

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I will toss this out there. It seemed back when Dan did the opening greeting the new person would often respond. I am thinking it was to his signature being site only and all.

Once the response happens then the person chimed in more.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
The color scheme could use fixing - it's hard to see black text over a dark grey background.

Other than that... fixing whatever caused the Secret Santa thread to not be shown to people, that'd be nice. I don't want to miss out on more :D

-John

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The color scheme could use fixing - it's hard to see black text over a dark grey background.

Other than that... fixing whatever caused the Secret Santa thread to not be shown to people, that'd be nice. I don't want to miss out on more :D

-John
Make sure you are following that section of the forum, I think there is a way to mute sections, you may have done so inadvertently?

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Make sure you are following that section of the forum, I think there is a way to mute sections, you may have done so inadvertently?
I looked, and don't even see a way to mute a section of the forum.

When I go to the Moto Vlogs section, it doesn't actually show me Competitions. Odd.

-John

• Wow
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I looked, and don't even see a way to mute a section of the forum.

When I go to the Moto Vlogs section, it doesn't actually show me Competitions. Odd.

-John
ahh that is interesting, I'll see if I can see any background settings or if not will get on to Dan. I'll also ask him if we can sort the welcome message out differently too.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
One alternative thought about greeting new users: Maybe when a new person registers, there should be the "a little bit about yourself" part mandatory, and that would automatically create a thread by the joiner, to which people could then reply and greet.

We should arrange a big advertising campaign, with all the active users, on everyones vlogging platforms. Maybe we can turn it in to a competition. Like create an advertisement for the forum... could this be the second "season" of the advertisement game? :rolleyes:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Both initiatives offer a good idea Theodor :)

I will bundle all the ideas over to Dan once we have enough to make it worthwhile! :)

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
We should arrange a big advertising campaign, with all the active users, on everyones vlogging platforms. Maybe we can turn it in to a competition. Like create an advertisement for the forum... could this be the second "season" of the advertisement game? :rolleyes:
I know I mention the forum in my vids now and then. But then I'm a pretty small channel so I'm not sure how much exposure that really is, lol! :p

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I know I mention the forum in my vids now and then. But then I'm a pretty small channel so I'm not sure how much exposure that really is, lol! :p
You're one of the bigger of us who've been here a while, AFAIK... so I'm sure it helps more than you think!

-John

Skipshift

Perpetual Rookie
Aug 23, 2021
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 gsxr 600
I'll confess to lurking again:oops:. Been going through a creativity/time deficit as of late. And if it rains much more, I'm thinking I should just move to Washington or London... They might be a wee bit more arid than the central U.S. right now.:D
For the forum, I think the quietness just begets more quietness. I pop in from time to time and don't see anything that catches my eye, and for one reason or the other may not check back in for a week or two.
I don't have any great ideas that could help with the lull, just leaving my feedback.
Possibly community topics we could hash out and get everyone involved in for video ideas, or events. I know events are a harder thing to tackle since we're all at the far corners of the globe. Just a thought.
Stay awesome folks :D

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Sorry for the over-a-month bump, but... longer usernames? I had to go with whiskthrot as Whiskey Throttle had too many characters :p
Thanks for the suggestion, that would certainly please a few. Any ideas on what could be done to encourage more participation from the quieter members? :)

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
I think that the home page and forum structure is a bit weird. I prefer classic forum structure. I never know where to place a new topic or where to look for one except using search. But it might be just me

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Ty for the thoughts.

I'll reach out to the boss and see if this year we can make some changes to the layout and colour schemes. I'm not sure if the username character limit is anything that can be fixed though sadly.

lonerockz

Wannabie Member
Mar 23, 2023
California
I ride a
BMW R1250 GSA, Triumph Tiger Explorer, Yamaha Nmax 125
I'm new here, but I will make the horrible assumption that every new member is like me, so my opinion must be valid.

I found and joined the forum because I have a dream of creating a channel that a few folks will find and enjoy. I searched for Moto vlog forum and found it. Looking around, I noticed that @Drakhen99 was a frequent poster, and I had previously watched his Davinci tutorials, so I knew there were some "quality" members I could learn from.

As a newbie, I don't honestly have much to teach people here. I planned to read around, ask a few questions, create my first video, and post it hoping to get feedback. But the site makes posting videos hard. I'm honestly not 100% sure what the restrictions are; several confusing threads exist. I think I'm just not at the minimum number of posts. I will post more, but if I still can't post a video for feedback, I'll give up and move on.

The site rules on posting videos are designed to reduce the number of people here. I think it even said we don't want people promoting their videos and disappearing. I can understand why you would want this. But you have to accept that it will reduce the number of people participating.

I have to ask: why restrict the posting of videos? Who cares? So someone comes here once a week and posts their latest video and disappears. And what? Make a section for just that, and then if you don't like it, don't visit that section. Perhaps one of these folks will someday have a question and come back and participate.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I'm new here, but I will make the horrible assumption that every new member is like me, so my opinion must be valid.

I found and joined the forum because I have a dream of creating a channel that a few folks will find and enjoy. I searched for Moto vlog forum and found it. Looking around, I noticed that @Drakhen99 was a frequent poster, and I had previously watched his Davinci tutorials, so I knew there were some "quality" members I could learn from.

As a newbie, I don't honestly have much to teach people here. I planned to read around, ask a few questions, create my first video, and post it hoping to get feedback. But the site makes posting videos hard. I'm honestly not 100% sure what the restrictions are; several confusing threads exist. I think I'm just not at the minimum number of posts. I will post more, but if I still can't post a video for feedback, I'll give up and move on.

The site rules on posting videos are designed to reduce the number of people here. I think it even said we don't want people promoting their videos and disappearing. I can understand why you would want this. But you have to accept that it will reduce the number of people participating.

I have to ask: why restrict the posting of videos? Who cares? So someone comes here once a week and posts their latest video and disappears. And what? Make a section for just that, and then if you don't like it, don't visit that section. Perhaps one of these folks will someday have a question and come back and participate.
I have to say there are tons of options available for spamming elsewhere and so this place is refreshing. One I see often on Facebook is Up and Coming Motovloggers. Sadly it is a dump and run forum. There is hardly ever and exchange of ideas or clarification as there is on here.

The way this site runs with its rules is what makes it different. To participate a person has to invest some time and effort which makes it more like a coffee shop with good reading material vs. Starbucks just grab and go.

lonerockz

Wannabie Member
Mar 23, 2023
California
I ride a
BMW R1250 GSA, Triumph Tiger Explorer, Yamaha Nmax 125
The way this site runs with its rules is what makes it different. To participate a person has to invest some time and effort which makes it more like a coffee shop with good reading material vs. Starbucks just grab and go.
But also like the neighborhood coffee shop vs. Starbucks, fewer folks are inside. This might be desirable or not.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
But also like the neighborhood coffee shop vs. Starbucks, fewer folks are inside. This might be desirable or not.
The Starbucks nearest me closed due who knows why...
SmartSelect_20230410-184453_Chrome.jpg

If in Clarksville Tn check out this place. I took 10 riders there on a couple of rides.

SmartSelect_20230410-184659_Chrome.jpg

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts