Everyone's worst nightmare is.....

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
Battery died a few hours away from home and middle of nowhere. Fortunately, I was in a group ride with friends and bought me a new battery from a local store.

Reactions: ADX

whingnut

Squidbilly
Jul 29, 2016
Virginia beach VA
I ride a
2008 KLR 650 modified for TAT
Suck asss day on that, i've found out that cheap SD cards are a sh*t show the hard way. now my hero 4 silvers (2) are bricked and the cards are wiped. for the session and the hero 7 silver (both with fixed batteries) i just download as soon as i walk in the house.

Reactions: ADX

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
I’ve had some frustrating experiences with mixed corrupted files on the same SD card. For some reason some files were able to be downloaded, while other couldn’t. I could play the files on the SD card, and edit them on the card, but I couldn’t download them, and then delete them from the card to manage its memory.

I still have the files on the card, but I had to get another one to replace it.

-Wolf
yes i did run into that issue too. I had to manually do it while connecting the device. I

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
Suck asss day on that, i've found out that cheap SD cards are a sh*t show the hard way. now my hero 4 silvers (2) are bricked and the cards are wiped. for the session and the hero 7 silver (both with fixed batteries) i just download as soon as i walk in the house.

Yes. I dont know why it still got messed up. I have good SD cards but i have a feeling its because its so hard to take the card out of the gopro

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
Im not sure its my "Worst nightmare" but yes, happened often and really sucks!

I have a 512GB card in my phone, and a MicroSD to USB-C keychain. When I am either out and about, or away I back up to my phone. I also take friends footage this way if theres time after we have been out for a ride.

If on a tour, I'll take one of my Portable hard drives and back up via tablet or laptop.

I really want this! You dont need a PC or anything just insert the SD card, press the button and it backs up the card.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Passpor...y+Passport+Wireless+SSD&qid=1599564942&sr=8-7

But that price.....
yes i was thinking of taking a small laptop just to export cause i just recorded a trip to NY and when i was done with riding, the SD card was full

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
yes i was thinking of taking a small laptop just to export cause i just recorded a trip to NY and when i was done with riding, the SD card was full

It can be done by tablet / smart phone. As said I have a microSD card reader key chain that plugs into my phone and backs up all files to my phones much larger SD card which then I take off when I get home. If you was away and had great data plan or wifi you could then also back up from phone to the cloud - all from your mobile. I just back them up to my phones SD though. I always check its completed and the file sizes match / they play before I format the SD card ready for use for another session of course. I also have a small box with all my SD cards in. I take about 5 or 6 with me when I go out. I am starting to learn which are better than the others for not having an SD card error

Reactions: ADX and YBGuy

CVentures

Rookie Rider
Aug 28, 2020
Maine
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Beta 300RR
I’m just beginning in vlogging however so far my biggest nightmare has already happened. I went out for a long solo ride and had tons of great content footage, however to learn once i got back and begun to edit it that the SD card i had in my cameras were not idea for the 4K 60k so it had pauses in footage almost every 5 seconds and basically ruined all of the footage.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I’m just beginning in vlogging however so far my biggest nightmare has already happened. I went out for a long solo ride and had tons of great content footage, however to learn once i got back and begun to edit it that the SD card i had in my cameras were not idea for the 4K 60k so it had pauses in footage almost every 5 seconds and basically ruined all of the footage.
Shoot, sorry to hear that! I am not sure what Micro SD card you are using but I really like the SanDisk Ultra series. Right now I am currently using this one below and it works well up to 4K @ 30fps. For 60 fps I'll need to test it out, but I have stayed away from that setting because that is major battery and bandwidth hog for sure. But I have a feeling it would probably work though!

Reactions: CVentures

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
It can be done by tablet / smart phone. As said I have a microSD card reader key chain that plugs into my phone and backs up all files to my phones much larger SD card which then I take off when I get home. If you was away and had great data plan or wifi you could then also back up from phone to the cloud - all from your mobile. I just back them up to my phones SD though. I always check its completed and the file sizes match / they play before I format the SD card ready for use for another session of course. I also have a small box with all my SD cards in. I take about 5 or 6 with me when I go out. I am starting to learn which are better than the others for not having an SD card error
yes sir! i took a little box with me with the batteries and stuff but like i said it was just bad luck lol

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
Battery died a few hours away from home and middle of nowhere. Fortunately, I was in a group ride with friends and bought me a new battery from a local store.

haha also the gopro 8 batteries are only used for the gopro8 and i didnt know

Reactions: CafeBrakes

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The new batteries work in the 7 and 6 and 5 I believe. The batteries from the 5, 6 & 7 work in the 8, just not as well

Reactions: CafeBrakes

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
My 7 was a nightmare, I barely used it as it never worked right. I ended up running my 5 Sessions until the 8 came out.
I just feel like its a hit and miss when it comes gopros. i never owned the old ones so i couldnt say but the gopro8 is a must when it comes to quality. you will see the difference on the next episodes

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts