Everyone's worst nightmare is.....

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
I didnt know know where to post but just wanted to let everyone know.... I lost good footage of a trip i took up north!! =(((((. The SD card said i needed to format it...... I paid a recovery tool and i retrieved the files but... it didnt work!!!!

I suggest everyone to always export all your files as soon as you get home.. I made the mistake of not doing that. Also ive been taking out the SD Card and i feel it probably got corrupted doing the transfer. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

I wanted to post the new footage on my third video but now i cant and i feel so sad lol.... so now i have to retake the trip !!!!

EXPORT AS SOON AS YOU GET FOOTAGE. such a rookie mistake i made!!!!!!

Thanks for listening to my rant! lol just wanted to give everyone some advice and I paid 67 for that "recoverit" by wondershare but it didn't work!!!!!! I am currently trying to see if i can get a refund! :mad:

Will upload video three soon lol!!

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
its a sad day when it happenes. thankfully my last dead card was just during some testing of new settings id descovered, no less frustrating though. atleast its only corrupting rather than doing a heat death, iv had one that had a catastrophic falure. caused boot failures n made the card too hot to touch after a few minutes.

sometimes you can recover them and reformat them n ull get some more life to them, other times they are just dead. done this to a few pen drives. but iv always found that if its broken its usually not recoverable (the data).

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I’ve had some frustrating experiences with mixed corrupted files on the same SD card. For some reason some files were able to be downloaded, while other couldn’t. I could play the files on the SD card, and edit them on the card, but I couldn’t download them, and then delete them from the card to manage its memory.

I still have the files on the card, but I had to get another one to replace it.

-Wolf

Reactions: ADX

MMVNJ

Wannabie Member
Jul 28, 2020
I ride a
Indian Scout
Guess I've been lucky so far. I'm sure its only a matter of time until I lose footage to a bad SD card. I did lose some because I stopped for a bottle of water, and my dead cat fell off my mic, without me noticing. Tried recording a vlog, and it was just unusable.

Reactions: HippoDrone

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
It is crap when you lose footage! I feel your pain!

2 of my 3 cameras (the 2 helmet mounted ones with mic adaptors) both had multiple issues during our recent trip to Yorkshire - mostly freezing up, corrupting files or no audio. My own fault as a result of water getting into them though. Both working fine again now. I did take a laptop and external HDD with me on the trip so I could check/download footage every day.

I'm yet to kill an SD card, but I expect it will happen at some point!

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
Sorry to hear about your bad luck :(

Was it a quality card?

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I've never lost footage yet but I have filmed crap footage a few times. If I hold the instant film button on the Hero for too long it films in accelerated time mode instead of normal mode, made that mistake more than once! I've also filmed in the wrong mode a few times.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Flash memories are known to fail after too many write cycles. And usually recovery from a flash memory is rarely successful. Hard drives are better recoverywise. Maybe you can invest in one of those backup drives, that back data up from memory card, without computer. So you can also do backups during the trip.
I can't imagine any of my memory cards having enough capacity to record a longer trip than 1 or 2 days anyway, without running out of space...

Reactions: ADX and motosera

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
Flash memories are known to fail after too many write cycles. And usually recovery from a flash memory is rarely successful. Hard drives are better recoverywise. Maybe you can invest in one of those backup drives, that back data up from memory card, without computer. So you can also do backups during the trip.
I can't imagine any of my memory cards having enough capacity to record a longer trip than 1 or 2 days anyway, without running out of space...
yes considering in upping my gopro drive lol it sucks when you get good footage lol

Reactions: YBGuy

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
I filmed all kinds of footage with bad audio last year. Had to sound track over everything in 2019.
honestly i was thinking of doing that since i have some footage without the panda mic lol

• Haha

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
honestly i was thinking of doing that since i have some footage without the panda mic lol
Ya for sure! Ya uploading is better than not uploading, throw your footage in an editor, throw some nice beasts on it, upload it and call it a day .

• Love
Reactions: ADX

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Im not sure its my "Worst nightmare" but yes, happened often and really sucks!

I have a 512GB card in my phone, and a MicroSD to USB-C keychain. When I am either out and about, or away I back up to my phone. I also take friends footage this way if theres time after we have been out for a ride.

If on a tour, I'll take one of my Portable hard drives and back up via tablet or laptop.

I really want this! You dont need a PC or anything just insert the SD card, press the button and it backs up the card.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Passpor...y+Passport+Wireless+SSD&qid=1599564942&sr=8-7

But that price.....

Reactions: YBGuy and ADX

Ponkster

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2020
I ride a
VN 1500 rat sidecar rig and a Yamaha FZS/R1/R6/ other hybrid rat bike called "Rattus"
I think big memoery cards get you into bad habbits and is too easy to have shit loads of stuff on a card and loose it - I like to have a handful of smaller 32 and 64gb cards and swap em in and out - I also get into the habit of down loading asap at home and formatting the card each time .Im not in anyway an organised person - I have a caotic life but have learned this due to loosing all the data from a tour because I was a lazy fuckwit!

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I'm sorry you went through that. I've been there a few times and it SUCKS. I get so paranoid now before I turn I go vlogging. I sound and mic check everything like three times before I go riding.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts