Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Honestly too long.... When doing our tour stuff I record everything so have hundreds of GB to go through.

Same problem I'm having.

The Smart Remote just showed up, and was a cinch to pair to my GoPro. It has a little metal loop attached to it, to which I'll add a lanyard or something for quick access.

The buttons are big - big enough for use with m/c gloves I believe. It powers on the GoPro when it powers up, and then the record button starts capture. This is gonna save me a TON of time, I think!

I can't wait to get out on the bike and try it out!

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone and HRMV

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
On long trips I try to conserve my SD card memory and batteries. To help I try to shoot in places that I think will be visually interesting or a challenge to ride in. Generally, I'll look at maps the night before with a satellite view on Google Maps to help figure out what's ahead. The next day as I ride when possible I'll pull over and turn my camera's on for those moment and pull over when done to turn them off.

Of course I'll miss a lot of cool things, and if I feel it's important enough I may turn around to shoot it again.

- Wolf

Reactions: HRMV and Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
On long trips I try to conserve my SD card memory and batteries. To help I try to shoot in places that I think will be visually interesting or a challenge to ride in. Generally, I'll look at maps the night before with a satellite view on Google Maps to help figure out what's ahead. The next day as I ride when possible I'll pull over and turn my camera's on for those moment and pull over when done to turn them off.

Of course I'll miss a lot of cool things, and if I feel it's important enough I may turn around to shoot it again.

- Wolf

That's a great idea!

I tend to ride the same roads a lot, so I generally know where the interesting sections are, and now that I have the remote, it'll be MUCH easier to just record whole roads if I'm new to them, or just the interesting parts I already know about.

One of the tips I've read and seen is to plan your ride, and this is part of it I guess.

The other parts are making sure you know what you're going to talk about, and to cut out the things that don't flow with the story you're trying to tell. It's almost like scripting, but still off the cuff so to speak, since you're doing it in the moment.

Example:
I was excited the other day because I figured out how to do cinematic crop bars (and animate them into place instead of them popping), as well as LUTs (I still don't know what that means, but in Resolve it means making your GoPro footage look like it came out of another camera). I had just figured it out on another video I was working on, and wanted to do a demonstration of the effects, so I went for a ride and recorded it ... I did like 5 takes on that ride, but it turns out the first one, which didn't match the scenario I thought it would, still made for the most comical take on it - so I used that one. When I set it to music, it should show up in the video as just funny drama LOL.

-John

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Same problem I'm having.

The Smart Remote just showed up, and was a cinch to pair to my GoPro. It has a little metal loop attached to it, to which I'll add a lanyard or something for quick access.

The buttons are big - big enough for use with m/c gloves I believe. It powers on the GoPro when it powers up, and then the record button starts capture. This is gonna save me a TON of time, I think!

I can't wait to get out on the bike and try it out!

-John
I've also got a remote for my cameras but invariably still just hit record and let it run. Bandit has battery life of about 4 hours, by which time it lunch or similar so can get a boost charge.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800

- Wolf
Aye I find I miss too much or I get cracking footage but no banter or that to go with it.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I try to import videos to my Hard drive, right after I get back. I name folders with year, month and then topic. Then when I have the right mood and time, I will do the importing and cutting and syncronizing.

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I try to import videos to my Hard drive, right after I get back. I name folders with year, month and then topic. Then when I have the right mood and time, I will do the importing and cutting and syncronizing.

Right mood and time does often play a big part in the editing.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
True. I have re-edited stuff because I have different mood on the following day and feel the video could do with a completely different rhythm.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Reize Editing Talk 8

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts