tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Hi guys,

I've just got myself a Freedconn intercom. Pictures below...

51LUmbVFCFL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Think the model is called Colo. Anyway...the question is this; Here is a picture of the speakers that come with the intercom

rBVaV12u7fuAasDuAAEwGLPrvc4107.jpg

What I want to do is turn one of the speakers into a 3.5mm plug that I can then connect into my Zoom H1 sound recorder. Basically what I want is to record my video and my own voice with my regular GoPro setup, then record the intercom conversation via the 3.5mm converted speaker... Am I explaining myself clearly?

If I just cut off one of the speakers, what wires will I be left with? a + and a - ?

Never really messed with audio wiring before, so not sure what to expect when I chop it off.

Next...if I just do this, will it just work? Do I need some inline filter, or amplifier or something?

Thanks in advance

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Thought my explanation was crap, so here's a picture to illustrate what I mean...

idea.jpg

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
You could cut the speaker off and wire in a jack, the gain could be way off though so you may need to play with that. No idea regarding the wiring, but it will be mono from the speaker wire, so you'd need to duplicate the channel. Would it not be easier to get a second mic and place it by the speaker?

Reactions: Papa Jefe

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
I haven't been able to get any publish-worthy content out of it, but my solution in figuring out how to record dual-vlog audio has been thus:

-Record my normal audio, including my voice, through the mic I have in my helmet.

-Have my phone set to record all bluetooth audio, thus capturing Sena (or comparable intercom) conversation.

-Blend the two in editing.

This will require you to do the extra step of getting a benchmark sync point on your secondary audio (most people use claps), but doesn't require any soldering or complex hardware solutions.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

Papa Jefe

Excuse me? It's "Harley Bro," not "Harley Guy."
Feb 7, 2020
Alabama, US
I ride a
2019 Harley-Davidson Softail FXBB Street Bob
Not all phones' built-in audio recording software will record Bluetooth audio, though. For example I had to download one called Parrot. It's not great as a recorder overall but perfect for what I'm trying to do.

Reactions: HippoDrone

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
I haven't been able to get any publish-worthy content out of it, but my solution in figuring out how to record dual-vlog audio has been thus:

-Record my normal audio, including my voice, through the mic I have in my helmet.

-Have my phone set to record all bluetooth audio, thus capturing Sena (or comparable intercom) conversation.

-Blend the two in editing.

This will require you to do the extra step of getting a benchmark sync point on your secondary audio (most people use claps), but doesn't require any soldering or complex hardware solutions.

Unfortunately my intercom screws up as soon as you turn bluetooth on, so that wasn't an option this time. I will probably get a better intercom in the future, but for now, my friend has the same one, so it's the best way for us to communicate. I'll try and convince him to buy a Sena too.

I'm about to post my first attempt at the dual-motovlog in the members vlogs section. Have a look/listen and see what you think. It's not terrible, but could be better.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Move your mic closer to the speaker and up the volume of the speaker a bit?
Then he can record both .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SweetTripl Camera Setups 27